need help installing villain 10.1

Last Updated:

1. fumusic

fumusic Active Member This Topic's Starter

i am currently using sense 2.2 rom with a 16gb microsdhc card. i tried to flash the new villain 10.1 rom yesterday but afterwards it just kept looping the white htc "quietly brilliant" page. i left this going on for an hour to see if it just needed some time to install. i think the reason may be because i just used the same partitioned microsdhc card. it has already been set up for a2sd and worked perfectly with my sense 2.2 rom. do i need to reformat the card and repartition it again? please help!
    i am using Amon Ra recovery 1.6.2 to flash my roms. i have flashed the latest radio update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06OU_6.35.15.01-signed.

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

You don't need to re-partition (unless you were using swap space which you should get rid of) but you do need to wipe your ext partition. You should actually use every wipe option under Wipe.

FYI Villain 10.2 is out now so you should try with that one.

3. fumusic

fumusic Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks so much bluenova! that wipe suggestion really worked. is there a lot of difference between villain 10.1 and 10.2? to be honest i haven't really worked out what the improvements in 10.1 are yet and i used to use 5.4

4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

There have been several patches released since 10.1 to fix things which you'll find the the OTA updater. 10.2 contains all those patches so you don't have to do each one over the air.