need help just did ota2.2

Last Updated:

1. sethsdroidx

sethsdroidx New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my problem I just did the ota an before I was stock 2.1 and I was rooted with universal androot with super user. I didn't unroot before it updated and it still shows up on my apps and I tried to unroot no good tried to reroot no good. All I want to do is wireless tether again as its not working now. What do I need to do? In simple terms im a noob

Advertisement
  2. muneeb25

muneeb25 Active Member

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/195957-if-you-idiot-cant-root-your-phone.html

I just followed all the steps from that post and i swear it is super simple and i rooted my phone yesterday. Now the reason i waited all this time to root my phone cuz everyone is very cool about showing you how to root your phone but not many people talked about unrooting it. Well if you use the link about and do it that way its just as easy to unroot. 1 click to root and 1 click to unroot. Worked to me.....hope it helps

3. muneeb25

muneeb25 Active Member

Ohh just make sure you have the latest driver from motorolas website for the DX, very important...

4. mr.gollihue

mr.gollihue Active Member

Root with the D2 method outlined on rootzwiki.com. Worked like a charm for me...but I did have to try it a few times. I don't know why, but after my third attempt it did the job.

Then...if you're adventurous and want to try ROM flashing, I'd get the Droid X Bootstrapper, and install 928droid'x deodexerrr ROM. This will deodex you and then you can do pretty much anything you like.

If you want the vanilla, blank-canvas Android that came with the OG Droid, I would recommend flashing ApeX by Fabolous. I haven't done so yet because I'm waiting on NexTheme first, but from what I've seen and read, that ROM flies.

Good luck with future endeavors!