• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need HELP! LauncherPro error rendered my phone useless

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone, I need some serious help with my phone!

I have launcherPro, but today I started my phone and suddenly I get this error saying that LauncherPro has been unexpectably terminated and that android.process.acore stopped working. I don't know what to do, because it just keeps popping up and I can't do anything with the phone.

I also don't have the 3 keys combo.. I tried to reboot, take out batery, take out SD/SIM card, please I don'T know what to do!

Is there anything I can maybe deleted while my phone is connected to PC? Also, I have USB debugging off atm and I cannot go to menu so I can't use ADB to boot to recovery :(
Any help is appreciated.

are you sure you can't turn debugging mode on ? if launcherPro is crashing , the bar on the top (notification bar) should still show
and when you connect your phone, it should detect that there is a usb device attached and give you the option to press on the notification that'll take you to the menu and enable debugging

if that worked , you don't even need to reboot into recovery , you can download any launcher's apk (use google) and install it using adb
doing so will reset the default home replacement and give you the option to chose which home replacement you want when you press on the home button

but again .. this all depends on you being able to go into debugging mode

try that and update us

edit: guess the link to the debugging mode only shows when you have debugging mode enabled ... sorry >.<

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones