Need HELP! LauncherPro error rendered my phone uselessSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bess833

Bess833 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I need some serious help with my phone!

I have launcherPro, but today I started my phone and suddenly I get this error saying that LauncherPro has been unexpectably terminated and that android.process.acore stopped working. I don't know what to do, because it just keeps popping up and I can't do anything with the phone.

I also don't have the 3 keys combo.. I tried to reboot, take out batery, take out SD/SIM card, please I don'T know what to do!

Is there anything I can maybe deleted while my phone is connected to PC? Also, I have USB debugging off atm and I cannot go to menu so I can't use ADB to boot to recovery :(
    Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Al3x4Fun

Al3x4Fun Member

call the samsung support,or( i think it is still under the waranty) go to samsung.

3. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

are you sure you can't turn debugging mode on ? if launcherPro is crashing , the bar on the top (notification bar) should still show
    and when you connect your phone, it should detect that there is a usb device attached and give you the option to press on the notification that'll take you to the menu and enable debugging

if that worked , you don't even need to reboot into recovery , you can download any launcher's apk (use google) and install it using adb
    doing so will reset the default home replacement and give you the option to chose which home replacement you want when you press on the home button

but again .. this all depends on you being able to go into debugging mode

try that and update us

edit: guess the link to the debugging mode only shows when you have debugging mode enabled ... sorry >.<

Bess833 likes this.
  4. Bess833

Bess833 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot Jimmar! It looks like this method is gonna work. I didn't think it's gonna work because the "Samsung Kies" thingy popped on my phone, but I managed to do it.

Gosh, you are a life saver, this was really annoying :p

5. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

no problem , I had a similar problem with launcherPro myself (and older version had a bug that would auto force close if you put the row count to 1)
    and just made up this solution, but I thought you couldn't get into adb, glad you solved your problem :D