1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need help learning how to use samsung galaxy s2!Support

1. nadine22cz

nadine22cz New Member

Hi

I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 at the suggestion of everyone and I have come from using an Iphone and i have no idea how to use this phone. I want to be able to download music and desperately want a new ringtone but I cant even seem to get my phone to connect to my computer the way that it is supposed to (apparently its meant to say mount or something but it just says connected!)

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me!

Thankyou sooo much!

Advertisement
    :
  2. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

to start off, download Kies and the phone drivers from the samsung site, that should get ur phone connected via usb. dont worry, its not so hard to get used to this phone ;)
    India W Birch likes this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Welcome Nadine!

If your GS2 was like mine then it shipped without the full version of the User Guide. That should help you become familiar with the basic everyday things we all need to know - black mark to Samsung for not including it. :(
    India W Birch and Rajiev like this.
  4. Rajiev

Rajiev Member

Amen for that. even the PDF version available in the Samsung site is not very informative :(
    I'm looking at you... Samsung GS2 documentation people :mad:
  5. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Pm me if you need any help. :)
    I write guides for new users. Welcome to android!
    Judee and Rajiev like this.
  6. Scarletibis1

Scarletibis1 New Member

well, hello to all. After many years of buying cheap phones basically just so I could order a pizza I broke down and bought the Galaxy S2 yesterday.

I downloaded the user manual from Samsung (what a bs userless friendly website) and also downloaded Kies (I guess) but I really have no clue how this phone works. What is Kies anyway?

I am in Thailand. I just don't understand how this all works. I seem to get gmail emails even when the data network mode is deactivated. How does that work?

Is there a way to pick up a wireless signal so I am not using my phone minutes? Thanks to anyone for help.

Does anyone have a source for a better user manual to explain things?

Also I am looking for two things: a english-thai dictionary that uses voice and second a thai map system like garmin that uses voice. Thanks
  7. Kadin

Kadin Active Member

This is a pretty nice interactive tutorial... Click
    Rajiev likes this.
  8. Sixel

Sixel Well-Known Member

Here's a channel about different features of the Samsung GS2 CLICK HERE
    Rajiev likes this.
  9. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

Kies is kinda like samsung's itunes.. u could use it to sync data, backup ur phone, update phone firmware etc. however, hardly any of us use it as its crap.. there are many great third party apps that do the job Kies tries to do, only much better

im not sure how ur getting gmail emails pushed to ur phone, when ur offline.. are u connected by wifi, perhaps? for ur phone to receive emails, u need either a wifi connection, or mobile data connection (3G etc)

i personally think the best user manual is over here. post any questions u have, the guys on here are great. its kinda hard to expect a comprehensive user manual that explains stuff outside the basics

google maps is great, but navigation (with voice) probably doesnt work in thailand. however, maps has a great directions tool, i often use that and dont miss the voice function at all.. im not sure of navigation replacement apps, sorry
    Rajiev likes this.
  10. bits2u

bits2u New Member

I just recently changed phones, I went from an Iphone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy s2 and I am totally disappointed.. I am not tech savy at all.. and I loved my Iphone but wanted a change I have had this phone for about a month now and I am no closer to knowing how to use this dang thing.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. I need like phone for dummies..
  11. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

In what area of the phone do you need help with?
    I also came from Apple then switched to SGSII but I got used to it in one week(since I am tech savy unlike you).