Need Help Lg Esteem

Last Updated: 2012-06-25 14:50:22
  1. mariadroid

mariadroid Well-Known Member

Hello evertone,
    I have the lg esteem for metro and i just recently did a root and tether and then added Go Launcher Ex to it and i am haveing some real loading issues with my phone can anyone help please.....I did the one click root and in the middle of it it just stopped and stayed on the add delete and so forth screen and tried every option to get my phone back to working...well i came back on here and found out that this is common and there was a way to restore it with an exitzip..Thank Goodness big help...then i wanted to change my theme and added Go launcher and now its just very slow eveything takes forever to load wifi 4G it doesnt matter..please help..should i do a factory reset and just delete eveything
    Thank you

Advertisement
  2. mariadroid

Hello evertone,
    I have the lg esteem for metro and i just recently did a root and tether and then added Go Launcher Ex to it and i am haveing some real loading issues with my phone can anyone help please.....I did the one click root and in the middle of it it just stopped and stayed on the add delete and so forth screen and tried every option to get my phone back to working...well i came back on here and found out that this is common and there was a way to restore it with an exitzip..Thank Goodness big help...then i wanted to change my theme and added Go launcher and now its just very slow eveything takes forever to load wifi 4G it doesnt matter..please help..should i do a factory reset and just delete eveything
    Thank you
  3. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

How you doing Maria and Welcome to AF;) Did you flash a custom Rom? also wat sw version are you on zvb, c or the latest one ZVD.
  4. mariadroid

i am on ZVD and im not sure what you mean by flash rom i went on youtube and look up a ton of ways to do this and picked the best one and it told me to come on here and pick the one click root..all things root..
  5. mrpnut

mariadroid likes this.
  6. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. I'm so confused as to what you are asking. Could you simplify your question a little bit please? What is the problem you are having? Thanks :D
  7. mariadroid

that is the one that i did and it is when it locked up and had to use exitzip to recovery my phone...every since then it has a hard time running
  8. mariadroid

my phone is moving very slow..it takes a while to get into any application or even going into any acreen..even when i open it from the unlock screen it is super slow...i dont know if its suppose to be like this or if i did something wrong when installing
  9. Fuzzy13

Do you clean out your cache often?

Download an app from Google Play called Android Assistant. It has 18 features that also includes cleaning the cache on your phone. Cache builds up if it's not clean out regularly and it can slow the phone greatly.

Try this and see if this helps ;)

Here's the link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDMsImNvbS5hZHZhbmNlZHByb2Nlc3NtYW5hZ2VyIl0.
    mariadroid likes this.
  10. mariadroid

11. Fuzzy13

Also the more apps you have running in the background, the more memory they are going to eat up thus slowing the phone down tremendously.

Check settings/running apps and make sure nothing is running that shouldn't be. ;)
  12. mariadroid

ok cleared everything and even deleted some apps that are just sitting there and still no luck...tried playing a game and it keeps locking up...tried running my "Siri" Sam assistant app and it locked up had to take out the battery.....
  13. Fuzzy13

Locking up? Hmmmmm. Well it's not going to do it just for no reason. I'm thinking it might have to do with the ROM and maybe it was a bad install.

You can always just start fresh and re flash your ROM to rule out that. If it still persist after that then it's a bad app somewhere or something like that.
  14. mariadroid

ok i was wondering if i could redo it.......just not sure how..the first time i tried to redo it and it got caught in a boot loop and had to use exitzip....how should i redo it?
  15. Fuzzy13

Save the ROM you want to install and put it on your SD card. Boot into recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Then install zip from Sd card and choose your ROM.

make sure your apps are backed up and contacts are backed up to your sd card as it will erase those.
    mariadroid likes this.
  16. mariadroid

ok thank you so much i will try that thanks again...
  17. mariadroid

ok so i went into recovery and all its doing is going on and off showing LG but not doing anything else :(
  18. mariadroid

can i do a hard reset with the sd card inserted or will it wipe that one out also?
  19. Fuzzy13

DO NOT DO A HARD RESET.

Do you have recovery installed? If its not installed then it wont boot into it?

CWM Recovery is installed through the app ROM manager.
  20. mariadroid

ok i did find another rom to install because i think there was something wrong with the one i was using so i have installed the new and waiting for it to reboot...fingers crossed
  21. mrpnut

fingers crossed ;)
    mariadroid likes this.
  22. mariadroid

OMG...lol...you guys are the best and life savers.....my phone seems to be running pretty smooth now..i cant thank you guys enough.....any other suggestions that you guys may have for me is always appreciated..again thank you both ;)
  23. Fuzzy13

That is what we are here for.

What ROM did you end up going with?

Future reminder. ONLY do factory resets through recovery. NEVER EVER through settings/privacy. ;)
    mrpnut and mariadroid like this.
  24. mariadroid

yes i will never do that again lol...i went with
    Filename: Number Two (#2) v1.9.1.zip
    Size: 160.97 MB (168791084 bytes)
    Uploaded By: ldrifta
    Uploaded On: 2012-06-14 02:31:30
    Downloaded: 276
    MD5 Sum: fb5e1579e1029b27fbe161ec6aaa0fd6

it looks great and runs good...i dont think the other one that i did was made for ZVD...but not 100% sure...
    this works great i will keep looking on here for ant new updates or new ROM..
    again thank you;)
  25. Fuzzy13

#2 is IMO the best ROM for the Esteem. You will love it.

Enjoy. We are always here if you ever need anything else :D
    mariadroid likes this.