• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help Lg Esteem

mariadroid

Jun 24, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale FL
Hello evertone,
I have the lg esteem for metro and i just recently did a root and tether and then added Go Launcher Ex to it and i am haveing some real loading issues with my phone can anyone help please.....I did the one click root and in the middle of it it just stopped and stayed on the add delete and so forth screen and tried every option to get my phone back to working...well i came back on here and found out that this is common and there was a way to restore it with an exitzip..Thank Goodness big help...then i wanted to change my theme and added Go launcher and now its just very slow eveything takes forever to load wifi 4G it doesnt matter..please help..should i do a factory reset and just delete eveything
Thank you

Hello evertone,
I have the lg esteem for metro and i just recently did a root and tether and then added Go Launcher Ex to it and i am haveing some real loading issues with my phone can anyone help please.....I did the one click root and in the middle of it it just stopped and stayed on the add delete and so forth screen and tried every option to get my phone back to working...well i came back on here and found out that this is common and there was a way to restore it with an exitzip..Thank Goodness big help...then i wanted to change my theme and added Go launcher and now its just very slow eveything takes forever to load wifi 4G it doesnt matter..please help..should i do a factory reset and just delete eveything
Thank you

Upvote 0
Hello evertone,
Thank you

How you doing Maria and Welcome to AF;) Did you flash a custom Rom? also wat sw version are you on zvb, c or the latest one ZVD.

Upvote 0
Hello evertone,
Thank you

I'll be honest. I'm so confused as to what you are asking. Could you simplify your question a little bit please? What is the problem you are having? Thanks :D

Upvote 0
my phone is moving very slow..it takes a while to get into any application or even going into any acreen..even when i open it from the unlock screen it is super slow...i dont know if its suppose to be like this or if i did something wrong when installing

Do you clean out your cache often?

Download an app from Google Play called Android Assistant. It has 18 features that also includes cleaning the cache on your phone. Cache builds up if it's not clean out regularly and it can slow the phone greatly.

Try this and see if this helps ;)

Here's the link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wxLDMsImNvbS5hZHZhbmNlZHByb2Nlc3NtYW5hZ2VyIl0.

Reactions: mariadroid
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok cleared everything and even deleted some apps that are just sitting there and still no luck...tried playing a game and it keeps locking up...tried running my "Siri" Sam assistant app and it locked up had to take out the battery.....

Locking up? Hmmmmm. Well it's not going to do it just for no reason. I'm thinking it might have to do with the ROM and maybe it was a bad install.

You can always just start fresh and re flash your ROM to rule out that. If it still persist after that then it's a bad app somewhere or something like that.

Upvote 0
ok i was wondering if i could redo it.......just not sure how..the first time i tried to redo it and it got caught in a boot loop and had to use exitzip....how should i redo it?

Save the ROM you want to install and put it on your SD card. Boot into recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Then install zip from Sd card and choose your ROM.

make sure your apps are backed up and contacts are backed up to your sd card as it will erase those.

Reactions: mariadroid
Upvote 0
Save the ROM you want to install and put it on your SD card. Boot into recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. Then install zip from Sd card and choose your ROM.

make sure your apps are backed up and contacts are backed up to your sd card as it will erase those.
ok thank you so much i will try that thanks again...

Upvote 0

ok so i went into recovery and all its doing is going on and off showing LG but not doing anything else :(

Upvote 0
OMG...lol...you guys are the best and life savers.....my phone seems to be running pretty smooth now..i cant thank you guys enough.....any other suggestions that you guys may have for me is always appreciated..again thank you both ;)

That is what we are here for.

What ROM did you end up going with?

Future reminder. ONLY do factory resets through recovery. NEVER EVER through settings/privacy. ;)

Upvote 0
That is what we are here for.

What ROM did you end up going with?

Future reminder. ONLY do factory resets through recovery. NEVER EVER through settings/privacy. ;)
yes i will never do that again lol...i went with
Filename: Number Two (#2) v1.9.1.zip
Size: 160.97 MB (168791084 bytes)
Uploaded By: ldrifta
Uploaded On: 2012-06-14 02:31:30
Downloaded: 276
MD5 Sum: fb5e1579e1029b27fbe161ec6aaa0fd6

it looks great and runs good...i dont think the other one that i did was made for ZVD...but not 100% sure...
this works great i will keep looking on here for ant new updates or new ROM..
again thank you;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones