Need help, lost all my apps on SD

Last Updated:

1. j21blackjack

j21blackjack New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running warheads from bh_man first off. I just got apps2sd working tonight, but shortly afterward every app I tried to install would fail install with "installation unsuccessful". After an hour of searching, I decided to clear out the dalvik-cache. Well, I did this and I was able to install apps again. I installed two apps, and I kept getting a force-close on Titanium Backup -root version. I rebooted the phone (Behold 2), and now all of my apps are gone. I've got a bunch of default android boxes, and no working apps. I checked my sd card, and all of the .apk's are still there, but they aren't in the dalvik-cache folder anymore. What's strange is that some of the apps are there, like gstrings and quick system info, but the vast majority aren't, like handcent and beautiful widgets. I don't know what I did, but I'd really like to know how to get them all back. I tried installing handcent from the market, and it says that it can't install it on my phone, so I really need to get this fixed because I really don't want to start all over again.

Advertisement
  2. j21blackjack

j21blackjack New Member This Topic's Starter

Do any of you ever just want to punch yourself in the face? That's how I feel right now as I just realize what happened. My phone memory was showing 140MB free the whole time, so I never thought to check my SD card memory. Well, apparently, my SD card was full, that's why I couldn't install any more programs. Then after wiping the cache, somehow it screwed up the SD card. Then, since it was full, I couldn't install anything from the market. Then, after re-formatted the card back to original 512MB fat32, the ROM was still set up for apps2sd. This caused the market not to work since it had no where to install to. Off course, I had already re-flashed the ROM by the time I realized all of this. (face palm) Oh well, live and learn. When I get my new 8GB card, maybe I'll try apps2sd again, then again, maybe not.