Need help modifying an induction pad for the EVO 3D.Support

1. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I have read some different posts and watched some videos on the internet about making a touchstone (inductive charging mod) from the inductive charging hardware from a palm pre. I tried doing this mod for my EVO 3d with no luck. I was trying the mod where you conect the inductive charging coil to a micro usb plug and plug it into the phone. I didnt' want to try the direct solder to the phone battery terminals for fear of damaging the phone. I think I have gottent the wiring correct, however I can't get the phone to charge. Has anyone had luck with this mod? any tips?

Advertisement
  2. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

Did you measure current/voltage output from your home-brew USB thingy? Seems to me if the phone is not getting the required juice, you are out of luck. What are the power requirements for the Evo and what are the specs of the Touchstone inductive charger?

You might have a look here:

Energizer Inductive Charging Pad | Charging Station | Qi Technology

They make lots of stuff for several devices. Perhaps your answer can be found there.

I like the idea of induction charging. Nice to have a way to eliminate those power cords and wall warts.