need help my phone is stuck on Boot Animation

Last Updated:

1. edivens

edivens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Need help! I installed Aloysius 2.0.8 rom last night and now all my phone will do is show red, blue , green and yellow colors the boot animation going back and fourth all night it will not let me do anything it seem like it is suck. Is there anything I can do to puy my old system back on the phone? I tried the hold the power button and volume down key but it just does the same thing over and over and I can't do anything with the phone. Is my phone just a brick now or is there a way to make this thing work. Please Help

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

First thing is first....did you make a nandroid backup?

If you did, yes you can restore it. You need to boot into recovery:

If you can't get into recovery that way, you can always do it from adb. First, make sure your phone is plugged into your computer and that you have the SDK installed already. Then open a command prompt, cd to your android-sdk/tools folder then type the following:

adb remount
    adb shell
    reboot recovery

From there you can do a nandroid restore.

3. edivens

that worked but the only thing that come up on the screen is clearstrorage, Delete all user date? and in red yes or no.I did back my phone up don I pick clearstroage or delete data?

4. edivens

i'm not getting anywere through holding the home button. A srceen comes up but it not recovery. What is adb and SDK

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

.......There is an entire guide...Please read it....

Here is where I would start...I do not think you successfully flashed your Recovery Image. Try again, but this time use the 1.6.2 image instead. Go through the root process again. How did you root your phone originally?

6. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yep... read the guide...LOTS of good info in there...

if holding Home doesn't get you into recovery... then power off.. hold volume down and power on phone while holding volume down. if that gets you into recovery, you have an older version of recover (probably 1.2.3) and really should upgrade to 1.6.2

7. kewlhandle

kewlhandle Member

What happens if you accidentally renamed your nandroid folder to something else? I'm in a similar situation and normally I'd just do a restore from RA, but it says "couldn't open directory /sdcard/nandroid". If it were as simple as renaming it I'd do that but i can't find the commands for and I can't get past the animation screen?

8. t_wilson

t_wilson Well-Known Member

What do you mean when you say that you can not find the commands? Commands for what, your phone?

If you connect your SD card to a PC you'll be able to find the folder and rename it.