Need help!!! My sony ericsson x10 can not play video???Support

Last Updated:

1. cuocdoilinh

cuocdoilinh Member This Topic's Starter

Does Someone know this situation? Please help me. I transfer my video from computer. But can not play in phone. It shows that ' file deleted'. I try any video such as .avi, mp4,wmv. And i am sure that it works. As one time, i restart my phone and one of my video can play now. But i am sure that if i delete it and transfer again. It will not working anymore. Website or youtube or music (mp3...) is ok. Someone got problem as me?? Please help.

Many thanks,

Advertisement
  2. undies

undies Member

Do you still have the usb/micro transfer/power cable connected?

3. cuocdoilinh

Yes, of course. i got all. video file is already in my phone after transfer.But i can not play. As it shows that '' could not play the file. file can be deleted''.But i got 1 video successfully after i restart my phone. Unbelievable!!!!

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

But have you "unmounted" the SD card on the phone?

If not then it still belongs to the PC and not the phone, so unless you unmount the card you wont see the files on the phone.

5. Loch

Loch Well-Known Member

Never had a problem using MediaGo putting videos on my x10.

Import the video into MediaGo library, transfer to phone and MediaGo automatically converts it.

6. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

As far as I was aware, the X10 couldn't play AVI.

Have you put it in the right folder?

Mount the card via USB, put the MP4 video folder in the Video folder, then un mount the card. It'll prepare the SD card. Once it's done, go to MediaScape, it might not show up in recently added. When I added a video this way, it didnt. However, go to "More" at the top and it should show it, try playing it. If it doesnt work, perhaps its not converted correctly. The MP4 file I used was actually created for the PSP but, worked fine on the X10 for me.

7. cuocdoilinh

Thanks. But i think Bexy's phone got problem with avi. My file successful is avi and mp4 .Only 2 video. Another avi is not.it the same problem. Powerkitter said that problem with my PC. I try computer in my uni .But I always be carefully with usb, always unmount it on my phone .And my SD have more than 10 videos. But only 2 video shows . Only one can play. And i try a lot of mp4, avi, wmv.But the problem that it is not working properly.I try the successful video is transfer again. But it shows''could not play the file. file can be deleted''again .Oh my god. Someone can tell me who can fix it in london. Or sony ericsson can tell me what problem?Or do i need to pay money for new install and how much (i dont know how can i say: to restore or reinstall phone or something like that as iphone)?

8. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Actually, I've never tried playing an AVI. I said as far as I was aware, it wasn't capable of playing them.
    The video that it does play, what format is that? And the video that shows but doesnt show, what format is that?

9. cuocdoilinh

I am not sure .But i think XVID.

10. cuocdoilinh

Anyway, it can not play again on my phone.

11. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

12. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member

Sound to me more like a cdind problem as the X10 dosn't support avi at all but will play mp4 aslong as you have encoded it using the right settings!!!!
    I use Ultimate Video converter 6,
    I chose the iphone Profile then customized it as follows.
    Res, 854x480 (this will play any vid full screen when the phone is horizontal)
    I set the Vid and Sound to Highest, then under anvance settings the FPS is 29.97.
    With these I have managed to put a number of films on my partners and my X10's with no problems at all.
    The only thing I find is the colour but I put that down to droid 1.6 and its 65k limit!!!!
    Also as others have said once you transfer your files UNMOUNT the SDcard!!!!!!!!

13. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

this may be a silly question but what do you mean unmount the sd card from the pc. im getting an x10 of friday and my present phone is a samsung pixon. had no problems plugging phone in using usb cable or using card adapter to put films on so dont understand this unmounting the card thing.
    ric
    ps does the x10 have hd video recording or is this coming in the update

14. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member

With the X10 when you plug the phone in to a PC via the USB you have to mount the SDcard via the notifacation screen on the phone, all this dose is unlock the card from the phone so the PC can read it (while its mounted on the PC you phone will not read the card at all no matter what you try) once you have finished doin whatever you want on the PC (transfering videos, pics or what ever) you then have to bring the drop down menu on the phone and chose to unmount the SDcard so your phone can then read it. Or do what I do and just unplug the cable when you finished what your doin, it dosn't do wany thing at all to the card or phone other than auto unmount the card. lol
    But all this is explained very nicely by the phone when you first plug it in!!

15. arkangeluk

thanks for that, never heard of having to do that before. do you still have to mount and unmount if you take the card out of the phone and plug it in to your pc.

16. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

If you were plugging the card directly into your computer then no. Personally though, Id find mounting and unmounting it, quicker than taking the card out of the phone and putting it in the phone, means you dont have to turn the phone off n back on, n take the back off/put it on, etc. I believe there's an app though that does it automatically for you, mounts the SDcard :).

As for HD recording, that's coming in an update later this year.

arkangeluk likes this.
  17. arkangeluk

thanks bexy, didnt realise that the card was under the battery so dont think i will bother taking out, will just use usb cable
    ric