• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help, Not getting notification

phillydroid

Nov 9, 2009
Hey everyone,

I'm using Handcent and have been for a while. Have had no problems. All of a sudden I'm not receiving notifications for one specific contact. I tried everything i can think of.

If i see i have a text in the notification bar and i dont see it in my handcent threads I know its from this contact. So then i go into the contact through the people. I go to view messages and when i open one it brings me into a handcent thread. However after i respond to it in the handcent thread.....i still cannot see the thread in my handcent where it lists all my threads with other contacts????

anyone have an idea?

Have you tried turning off handcent temporarily and seeing if the official Messages app works? Maybe you can narrow it down after that?

I wasn't a fan of chomp/ handcent when I used it for this same reason. Notifications were screwy and delayed at times. I just figured the stock messaging app was the best for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones