Need Help, Not getting notificationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. phillydroid

phillydroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I'm using Handcent and have been for a while. Have had no problems. All of a sudden I'm not receiving notifications for one specific contact. I tried everything i can think of.

If i see i have a text in the notification bar and i dont see it in my handcent threads I know its from this contact. So then i go into the contact through the people. I go to view messages and when i open one it brings me into a handcent thread. However after i respond to it in the handcent thread.....i still cannot see the thread in my handcent where it lists all my threads with other contacts????

anyone have an idea?

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Have you tried turning off handcent temporarily and seeing if the official Messages app works? Maybe you can narrow it down after that?

I wasn't a fan of chomp/ handcent when I used it for this same reason. Notifications were screwy and delayed at times. I just figured the stock messaging app was the best for me.

3. Joscelynsmommy

Joscelynsmommy Member

I had the same problem go into your settings and under retrieve message setting make sure auto retrieve and self check are both checked. Hope this helps, it worked for me