• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help on getting Cyanogenmod 10 on my Lucid

Greyops

Lurker
Aug 31, 2013
As the title says, that's my ultimate goal, but I'm having problems.

I have the LG-Vs840 from Verizon

It came to me, out of the box with ICS 4.0.4

I was able to successfully root the phone and verified it was rooted. Have SU installed

My next step was to install CMR and this is where I'm stuck. I searched long and hard, did 3 tutorials, and it still wont work. I did the tutorial where I download CWM-installer and the Loop blocker. In that one, it just went through the motions and in the text of the process it tells me can't create file or can't load file then ends with a 'Success' message.

Next up was the ROM Manager application. I gave then 2 dollars for the CWM Touch and it downloaded the file it says, then it goes to 'installing' and just stays at installing for half an hour or more and never does anything. That's where I am now. I feel like I'm missing a setting or something on the phone that would allow all this to work but I always make sure to check all that such as making sure USB connection type is on ethernet although this phone always tries to default to Media Sync. USB debugging is checked, and as far as my pc is concerned, I downloaded the USB drivers from LG and they work as intended.

So armed with the above info, what do I do next?

I am so confused.

I've tried both versions of Gingerbread zv5 and zv6 and neither allows ANY connectivity. No wireless network, no wifi connects, doesn't even allow my phone to be seen my my PC. Just an endless loop of program stop errors. Without some kind of connection to the internet I can't put on CWM recover and proceed with the steps.

Upvote 0
I am so confused.

I've tried both versions of Gingerbread zv5 and zv6 and neither allows ANY connectivity. No wireless network, no wifi connects, doesn't even allow my phone to be seen my my PC. Just an endless loop of program stop errors. Without some kind of connection to the internet I can't put on CWM recover and proceed with the steps.
I had a whole bunch of stop errors at that point too....while in gingerbread after flashing back to it I ran the phone recovery....start phone by pressing volume down and power at the same time. I didn't have all those crazy stop errors anymore and it fixed me back to my 4g signal when it booted into gingerbread.

Upvote 0
Yall were right. Had to do factory reset to get some kind of connectivity back to gingerbread. I'm on the Jellybean mod now and its a good thing. Except for one thing...

On my old (stolen) phone which was a galaxy nexus I used to be able to switch between apps that were open via the home screen pull down. On this Lucid it does not keep a 'tab' of the apps that were 'closed'. Is there a setting that can restore that functionality or was that a specific property of the Galaxy Nexus that the Ludid does not have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones