• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help on picking a phone

tj3590

Oct 13, 2012
I have T-mobile and I love their service, but for some reason i'm having a hard time finding a phone that I like. I purchased the HTC One S a couple of months ago and returned it because I didn't like the fact that it came with only 10gb of data with no expandable memory. Then last month I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze and returned it because I kept brushing up on the on screen capacitive keys on the screen when I would play games. Now I just got the Galaxy S 3 and i'm not to crazy about it. It's a nice phone, but it fells really bulky and its hard to use in one hand. To top it off I purchased a Body Glove Tactic case and it made the phone even more bigger and wider.

I stuck and don't know what to do. Should I try and get another case that's less bulky or just return the phone altogether. I mean, this phone is huge and my hands are not huge.

Honestly, I don't think you're going to do any better than the S3 (the Note 2 would be a slight upgrade, but it's HUGE). I think you've pretty much exhausted all the best phones on T-Mo. I'd give a slimmer TPU case a shot. Only other phone on T-Mo that looks to be up to those standards is the LG Optimus L9. I know very little about it and it's only a hair smaller than the S3 at 4.5".
Unsupported Browser

Reactions: tj3590
Upvote 0
If you want a large screen phone with 64gb internal storage + up to 64gb external then you might want to try the galaxy s3 or the note 2. Pick the s3 if you just want to surf on the web and play games. Pick the note 2 if you don't mind it's size because its the best phone for EVERYTHING because its the phone with the most ram, ghz and fast processor allowing you to play ANY game without lag.

Upvote 0
It solely depends on what you are looking for...I mean we could suggest some lower tier devices, depending if you are really looking for speed or not in a phone. Otherwise, like Dread said, you have really found the best phone that T-Mo has to offer right now, other than the note 2, which again like Dread said, is huge and you will probably not like it at all.

Upvote 0
I do have bad taste in phones, lol!! Anywayz, do u think the Galaxy s 3 is a bad phone??? It is bulky, but then again all the android phones are getting bigger and wider???????? I wish Tmobile had the Iphone 5 because I love their service, oh well.

The S3 is a great phone, it is a little big, and they aren't getting wider they are trying to get slimmer ;)

You could also see about buying an Unlocked iPhone full price and bringing it over to T-Mo, this would work...

Upvote 0
Go buy the unlocked Nexus 4 from Google or look on Amazon - not TMO.

TMO doesn't have phones I like, either. I've got the Nexus S, waiting to see if rumor is true about other companies besides LG for phones. If not, I'll get a new Nexus S and unlocked. I bought mine used so I'm suspicious of battery. I don't particularly want TMO bloat on the phone. I've used unlocked European phones on TMO.

Upvote 0
Do the tpu cases protect the galaxy s 3 from damage like you drop you're phone???

Depends on where the phone hits when it drops. Most likely, regardless if you have a case if you drop the phone so it hits a corner it will probably crack the screen, otherwise if you are unhappy with your case i would suggest looking here:

Cases for Galaxy S3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones