1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help-Phone won't start upSupport

Last Updated:

1. MotocrossRacer

MotocrossRacer New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    I've had my Samsung Galaxy Precedent for a little over a few months or so. Today the battery seemed to die very fast. Plugged it back into the charger and it wouldn't start up. I held the on button while on the charger and the battery charging symbol comes up but with a little yellow symbol of another battery with a flash through it. A few hours later it still did it and eventually turned on. Do I just need a new battery or is something else wrong? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

These phones do weird things sometimes, personally I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again, but I wouldn't root your phone or anything for awhile just encase it happens again and you need to send it in for repairs.

3. MotocrossRacer

MotocrossRacer New Member This Topic's Starter

Well my phones still doing it. But now it won't turn on at all. Almost seems like the on/off button is not working correctly.

4. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

Send it in for repairs, it should still be under warranty. Is your phone stock or did you root it?

5. rthomas6

rthomas6 New Member

Is it OK to charge the Samsung Galaxy Presedent from you laptop via the USB???

6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

The only problem, if you call it that, is that it takes longer to charge, because the current at a computer USB port is limited. It won't hurt the phone or the computer.