• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NEED HELP!! Phone won't start.

when i go toinstall zip from sd card then chose zip from sd card the only thing on there is clockwardmod and i used my brothers phone to put it on sd card but when i go to install zip from sd card then go to choose zip from exsternal_sd which is my sd card when my phone is actualy on the build.prop zip is there so then i click it and at the bottom is finding update package then opening update package then installing update then instalation aborted. i feel as if theres a minor mistake that i can fix please help me

Upvote 0
when i go toinstall zip from sd card then chose zip from sd card the only thing on there is clockwardmod and i used my brothers phone to put it on sd card but when i go to install zip from sd card then go to choose zip from exsternal_sd which is my sd card when my phone is actualy on the build.prop zip is there so then i click it and at the bottom is finding update package then opening update package then installing update then instalation aborted. i feel as if theres a minor mistake that i can fix please help me

nope... its my mistake (created the .zip wrong..)
no worries though... you can flash a rom (same way as flashing the zip) and that is guaranteed to fix your phone... but it is a significantly larger file size...
here is the file

Reactions: Quentin638
Upvote 0
so do i do the same with this file and flash do i do apply as a update ?

yes, flash the file i linked to by going to recovery and pressing install zip from sd card... same process as the last one but use the new file...

no, do not apply as a update... choose 'install zip from sdcard'

and i would not send to samsung as the first thing they will do is turn it on... and once they do that, they will see the 'danger triangle' which means you used odin... then they will charge you money for something you can fix at home for free...

Reactions: Quentin638
Upvote 0
oh ok well my dad is making me do it thats why im trying to fix now but in the build.prop i looked in it woth text editor why does it not have lcd like i thot it listed the screen lcd and stuff but yea im waiting on my brother to get back but im geussing the build.prop thats in the file probly gonna replace my one (thats modded 142 lcd ) and change it back to 140 the default and the virgin mobile screen should come backup and i go on right?

Upvote 0
oh ok well my dad is making me do it thats why im trying to fix now but in the build.prop i looked in it woth text editor why does it not have lcd like i thot it listed the screen lcd and stuff but yea im waiting on my brother to get back but im geussing the build.prop thats in the file probly gonna replace my one (thats modded 142 lcd ) and change it back to 140 the default and the virgin mobile screen should come backup and i go on right?

yep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones