Need help picking a new phone

Last Updated:

1. Nallia

Nallia Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 28, 2010
    I'm finally getting rid of my BB Storm and getting an Android phone. I'm on Verizon and am trying to decide between the Droid X, Droid 2, Samsung Fascinate or Samsung Continuum.

I'm not sure how I feel about the smaller main screen on the Continuum and I really like the large screen on the Droid X. I don't know how much I would use a slide out keyboard since I'm used to a touchscreen; having it or not having it isn't a dealbreaker.

Is there anything I should know about any of these phones? Which do you think is better? Or should I just wait a few months and see what new phones are released in the beginning of the year?

Thanks for your help!

2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Personally I steer clear of Samsung phones. I have just heard of too many complaints and have had bad experiences myself. Admittedly my bad experiences were all on phones pre-android, but I have ready plenty of complaints about their android phones too. If you don't care about the keyboard, I would go with the Droid X. The bigest complaint I hear about the droid X is the battery life. If that becomes a problem you can always beef up the battery though. As thin as it comes stock, a larger battery will make it about as thick as the droid 2 with its stock battery. There was a time when I told myself the X was too large and didn;t need something that big for a phone. I ended up going with an EVO for reasons I won;t get into here, and feel quite silly for having complained before about a 4.3" screen. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. As far as waiting, rumors will always be around. That said, I was in the same boat as you and had to talk myself into making a purchase. If you feel you are going to be killing yourself if you got something today and two months from now something new was announced, then wait. Another thing users pointed out is bugs on launch. Almost all phones these days a re plagued with bugs on launch that take a couple months to iron out. If you got your phone today you could be enjoying a bug free unit for 6-8+ months before anything new and bug free is available on the market.