1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Need help picking android phone

Last Updated:

1. UndGemz

UndGemz Member

I am in need of help , I just cannot pick which phone I want , I did want the droid razrr maxx but the problem I face is most companies with the shared planes , I don't know with 1gb shared means and I don't want to go over and pay more money , straight talk and boost have unlimited and I have been looking at the evo v on boost.. All I want is a good overall android with great battery and the droid razrr maxx is my dream phone but paying 100 or more a month is a pain especially if I can't get an unlimited everything plan.

Advertisement
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

What's the general things you want in your phone?

Battery life (as you've said)?
    UI?
    Screen size?

How much can you afford?

Where abouts are you as there's different versions in different countries?
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there UndGemz,

Everyone has their personal preference and to be honest going over the 1GB is hard, unless you are streaming videos, or browsing the internet frequently.

This month i had Google Voice for texting over Wifi and mobile internet, with doing about 4k texts, probably 500 or so on Mobile internet i still only peaked at 300MB, so i say you should go for your dream phone!

Honestly if you browse a lot the battery life won't be as good as you want it though, so be warned :)

Hopefully this helps :D
  4. UndGemz

UndGemz Member

Thanks for the replies , 200 to 300 , I don't mind going for a 2 year plan , I want a good battery life , Internet wise I must admit I do browse the web a lot. Out of boredness at lunch at work, I don't really stream videos until I'm hone and I use wifi unless its youtube ,I like downloading music , I was confused about the shared data plan and was worried because I do look up a lot of things on the Internet.
  5. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Going over 1 gig is NOT hard. I have the 4 gig plan and right now I'm at 3 gigs already and that's with not even trying
  6. UndGemz

UndGemz Member

Thats what scares me , doing that and getting overcharged , wish verizon had unlimited plan.
  7. carracerz14

What do you normally use your phone for? This month is abnormal for me. I usually use less than 2 gbs but I just moved and don't have my Internet yet so I've been using my phone for streaming more than I normally would. I still use wifi at work though
  8. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

The most I've ever used is 2gb's and that's with watching a lot of YouTube video and Netflix streaming.

I normally averaged out at 800mb before I got my HTC One X.

Also, you can install an app/widget like Onavo that will tell you exactly how much data you are using, since ICS you can set a limit on your phone too which I think can stop you going over your allowance or at least give you a warning when you're getting close to it.
  9. Zero Hunter

Zero Hunter Well-Known Member

Go for the Samsung Galaxy S3
  10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

$300? Suck up $50 more and get a Galaxy Nexus. Or look for a used SII. Those are probably the best you can get at that price range for full price no contract.
  11. UndGemz

UndGemz Member

Nexus? Ill look into that , have you used one personally? Is the battery decent?
  12. carracerz14

I used one before my maxx. Battery sucked. 6 hours of moderate use on 3g and it was dead. Plus the Verizon one had HORRIBLE reception