• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help Please!!!

kevo4224

Lurker
Aug 21, 2010
i hate the standard keyboard for my droid eris...so yesterday i tried to install swype on my eris...and it didnt work because the beta was over and what not so i just gave up on getting a new keyboard for it. so today i tried getting one called droid x keyboard which is kinda better but it still sucks in my opinion. so what im asking is how do i get the swype and droid x keyboard settings off of my phone when i go to my phone settings>language & keyboard because i have them both uninstalled and they are still appearing there. and does anybody have any other keyboard apps that are better...im looking for more of an iphone keyboard that has spaces bewteen the letters so its alot easier to type

oh i c, and is swiftkey on the android market or do i have to find a link again and download it off the internet? and i was wondering if anybody knew about rooting....i've read about it they say its basically like jailbreaking your iphone...so do you get every app on the android market for free or what, and how easy is it to root ur droid eris?

Upvote 0
oh i c, and is swiftkey on the android market or do i have to find a link again and download it off the internet? and i was wondering if anybody knew about rooting....i've read about it they say its basically like jailbreaking your iphone...so do you get every app on the android market for free or what, and how easy is it to root ur droid eris?

Swiftkey is in the market.

A lot of people know about rooting; there is a subforum here called "All thing root" with plenty of info about rooting. You do not get every app in the market for free; it just gives you the authority (with some apps) to control your phone's software and hardware that you cannot do stock. You can do things like speed up the processor, to make it faster; slow down the processor while the phone is sleeping, to save battery life; install customized builds of the Android software that give better features, or performance, or both; remove some pre-installed software, such as Amazon MP3 Store or Visual Voicemail that you may have no interest in.

But, check out this: All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

Reactions: kevo4224
Upvote 0
FGo me the pros are, I have froyo, wireless tethering, fully themed phone that outperforms a stock moto Droid.
The con, is that I have become addicted to flashing roms and checking xda for new rom updates. :)

i have no idea what Froyo is...and i want my droid eris to be fully themed i just dont know how to do all of this. i've had my droid for a few now and im getting bored i need to know how to do diffrent stuff that makes my droid better. what kind of theme's can u get explain to me please lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones