• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help, please!!!

DaveFromBay

Dec 18, 2012
I have a personal tech problem. I have no idea if you can help but it never hurts to ask. There is a pic stored in my Foursquare cache on an SD card. The pic is of me but I didn't take the pic. The pic is in no way listed in the FourSquare app. The pic only exists in the cache of the SD card. Can you think of any way I can get details of when and where the image was taken?

The file name in the cache is: http%3A%2F%2Fplayfoursquare.s3.amazonaws.com%Fuserpix_thumbs%2FU1350DVRWS40XUMG.jpg

I did tap & hold. I get the following optionsL Share via, Delete, Rename, Move. Copy, Details. I used Foursquare for a short few months almost 2 years ago. When I look at "details" it shows the file name I listed above, the size, and the "last modified time" of 02/10/2011 4:28 PM. I also use the Amazon Kindle app for reading. I upgrade devices often because I am a friendly user. I pulled this CD card from a Droid Pro I was using February of 2011. I inserted teh SD card back into the Pro yesterday thingking I could get additional details. I can see ll of my Foursquare check-ins but none of them had an associated picture.

I really just need to know when and where this pic was taken.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Sorry, when you asked if the pic could be my avatar. I assumed you were asking if I could somehow post the pic here. My ask was instead of posting it - could it be emailed?

I suppose it could if it is on your computer, then attach it to an email and send it....
Just curious tho, and I know it's bugging you, but do you think someone hacked your account somewhere, somehow?

Upvote 0
Without getting into too much detail, in the pic it appears as though I just finished a workout and was mixing a protein shake. I am shirtless in the picture and my wife find the pic. She asked me where it was from. I honestly have no idea so that worried here a bit, naturally. I am sure the pic is innocent but I would just like to find out more details about it.

Upvote 0
I guess that would concern me also, but I wouldn't have a clue as to who took it, posted it, and why, ya know?
What is foursquare app?

Yep, same here. It frustates me because I know there has to be a way to determine when and where is was taken. Foursquare is a location-based social-networking app. I only used it for a short time to "check in" at a smoothie shop in order to get discounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones