1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need Help, please!!!

1. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

I have a personal tech problem. I have no idea if you can help but it never hurts to ask. There is a pic stored in my Foursquare cache on an SD card. The pic is of me but I didn't take the pic. The pic is in no way listed in the FourSquare app. The pic only exists in the cache of the SD card. Can you think of any way I can get details of when and where the image was taken?

The file name in the cache is: http%3A%2F%2Fplayfoursquare.s3.amazonaws.com%Fuserpix_thumbs%2FU1350DVRWS40XUMG.jpg

I did tap & hold. I get the following optionsL Share via, Delete, Rename, Move. Copy, Details. I used Foursquare for a short few months almost 2 years ago. When I look at "details" it shows the file name I listed above, the size, and the "last modified time" of 02/10/2011 4:28 PM. I also use the Amazon Kindle app for reading. I upgrade devices often because I am a friendly user. I pulled this CD card from a Droid Pro I was using February of 2011. I inserted teh SD card back into the Pro yesterday thingking I could get additional details. I can see ll of my Foursquare check-ins but none of them had an associated picture.

I really just need to know when and where this pic was taken.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello Dave!
    Can you plug your device into a computer and view the details from the computer?
  3. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

Let me try that. I will give this a try tonight. Thanks!
  4. Mikestony

o.k...let me know if that works for ya! :)
  5. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

My own ignorance is obvious here but I can't even see the device once connected. I have a MacBook Pro. Any ideas?
  6. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

Ok, I installed the Android File Transfer app on my Mac. I have now x-ferred the pic. But I am still perplexed. Not sure where this pic was taken and by whom? It says it was "created" on 2/10/11 but I was home then. This pic is not from my home. Just bizarre.
  7. Mikestony

You can't physically see the picture right?
    Edit...could it be your avatar?
  8. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

I can see the pic, yes. That is the puzzling part. I have no idea where, when, and by whom the pic was taken. Is there a way for me to message it?
  9. Mikestony

hmmm, how do you mean, message it?
  10. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

Sorry, when you asked if the pic could be my avatar. I assumed you were asking if I could somehow post the pic here. My ask was instead of posting it - could it be emailed?
  11. Mikestony

I suppose it could if it is on your computer, then attach it to an email and send it....
    Just curious tho, and I know it's bugging you, but do you think someone hacked your account somewhere, somehow?
  12. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

Without getting into too much detail, in the pic it appears as though I just finished a workout and was mixing a protein shake. I am shirtless in the picture and my wife find the pic. She asked me where it was from. I honestly have no idea so that worried here a bit, naturally. I am sure the pic is innocent but I would just like to find out more details about it.
  13. Mikestony

I guess that would concern me also, but I wouldn't have a clue as to who took it, posted it, and why, ya know?
    What is foursquare app?
  14. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

Yep, same here. It frustates me because I know there has to be a way to determine when and where is was taken. Foursquare is a location-based social-networking app. I only used it for a short time to "check in" at a smoothie shop in order to get discounts.
  15. Mikestony

Do you think that pic was taken by someone and then you used it as your avatar on Foursquare? I dunno, I'm just throwin some ideas out there....
  16. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

I was able to go back into the phone I was using at the time I used FourSquare. My avatar was set by me and was a diff pic. So bizarre!
  17. Mikestony

I admire your persistance:) I would've given up already:p
    I don't know what else to tell ya buddy!
  18. DaveFromBay

DaveFromBay Member

Bump for any suggestions??
  19. Mikestony

Hey Dave! Still no ideas huh? Any new info come up?