• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help please

lmaandriod

Lurker
May 29, 2010
Dear all

I'm new user for the Acer Liquid and new for the Andriod system so you may found my questions stupid
Well could any one help me to know how to do the following:
1- how can I browse my mobile and the microSD card while installed on my Acer Liquid. I mean from the phone menu!?
2- Do any one know hot to change the phone profiles between loud and slient or outdoor to pager like other mobiles?
3- Has any one an idea how to install apps from the net as I do not have the market in my phone.
4- How can I add more (mid or MP3) ringtones to my phone and to assign it to special contacts??
5- How can I do an alignment to my Acer screen?

By the way, I'm in the middle East particulaly in Saudi Arabia and the handset comes with Arabic support so that may do not have the Market in the phone menu.

thank you for the help in advance and looking to see your replies .

1. Search for a "Astro file explorer apk" & install using android SDK 'adb push'
2. There's probably an app to do it, otherwise you manually change them in settings or with volume buttons.
3. Search for & install 'malez recovery' (advanced, risk of damaging phone), which has a feature to enable market for phones in regions that don't have it.
4. Using Astro file manager, can press & hold a mp3 and a menu will pop up to allow set as ringtone. May be able to do this from the regular music app too.
5. I've never heard of alignment of screen before...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones