need help plzSupport

Last Updated:

1. suly boy

suly boy New Member This Topic's Starter

I updated my phone to 2.2 foryo recently & was trying to delete some of the original or default applications such as samsung app_talk_map, i also tried to download app remover but it worked on market app only. Plz help

Advertisement
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

The reason AppRemover only works on Market Apps is because it is designed to only uninstall applications you physically install, not System Apps.

To uninstall System Apps you would need to first Root your phone and then you would have access to uninstalling such Apps.

3. suly boy

I already did the rooe. Now what is the nexy step ( how ) ?

4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

If you have rooted I take it you can see the App you wish to delete, so what is the problem deleting the file... You will need to explain this further.

5. suly boy

What i mean i need someone to show the steps of deleting the defult app. Sorry im new to android system :eek:

6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought as you knew the name of the file you wanted to delete you had already found out how to navigate to where that file is located.

If not you will be better suited to use a third-party file explorer such as 'Root Explorer'.
    Once installed simply open up the file explorer and navigate to where the file is located then delete.

Note: Be very and I can not stress enough, very careful on what files you delete. System files are 'critical' and must not be tampered or deleted unless you know fully what you are doing.
    You could make the phone malfunction or at worst refuse to reboot.

Also, ensure you have access to the 3-Button Recovery Mode.
    This is a precaution in the event you 'brick' the phone.
    The 3-Button Revory will allow you to do a number of things including access to performing a Factory Reset.

suly boy likes this.