need HELP quickly, please

Last Updated:

1. aajj99

aajj99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i have been stuck at the MOTO logo, & can't get out---last nite, i rooted & installed 2.2; so far so good---today, i tried to update baseband, downloaded .zip, put on sd card root & turned DROID off---tried to turn Droid on using recovery (Held X and power button), but am STUCK!----can't shut down to try anything else---did i somehow brick it?---somebody, anybody, please reply asap, this is my only phone :eek:

Advertisement
  2. elucid

elucid Member

I had a similar problem last night. Take out the battery to shut down. Then you can boot into recovery. You may need to reinstall 2.2. For that you need a micro-SD reader. That way you can transfer the 2.2 update.zip to the root of SD card. The SD card is located in the battery compartment.

Good luck!

3. Burns11

Burns11 Member

You can enable mass storage mode using sprecovery (allowing you to access microSD without removing), once you get booted into it that is. It's under mount options.

4. aajj99

thanks for the quick replies.

i removed & reinstalled battery, pressed power button only, DROID started normally & appeared ok---EXCEPT when i connected via usb, would not recognize sd card; checked sd card info in settings, says not available, cannot mount or dismount; i physically took out sd card & put it back in; same result (would not recognize).---i tried to see sprecovery thru ASTRO FILE MGR, but it's on sd card, & says folders/files empty---i tried again to boot into recovery, but still get stuck at MOTO logo; also tried recovery mode thru ROM MGR on phone, same result; seems it needs to see sd card to boot into recovery.

how can i enable sd card in phone (don't see any options in settings).

thanks

5. aajj99

found out the sd card itself went bad-----i tried another & it worked-----back to running 2.2-----will try to flash a rom tomorrow