• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help Regarding On How to Root Droid X2

Upvote 0
could you maybe PLEASE provide with a link for the CM10 file because it seems like everyone I find is wrong or the page won't pull up. I think the Gapps file I have is right because it actually shows it's a zip file but the other has a Question mark and is only like ALL text and not the actual install components needed.

Upvote 0
I think the CM10 file on my computer is right but I can't seem to get it to a regular file. What I mean is the Gapps file has the zip icon next to it but the CM10 file has like a box with a cd in front of it symbol. So how can I get it out of that state and to the regular zip file with the icon next to it? When I press open it pulls up this box that says it's downloading but I can't find it after that.

Upvote 0
I think the CM10 file on my computer is right but I can't seem to get it to a regular file. What I mean is the Gapps file has the zip icon next to it but the CM10 file has like a box with a cd in front of it symbol. So how can I get it out of that state and to the regular zip file with the icon next to it? When I press open it pulls up this box that says it's downloading but I can't find it after that.
does the md5 checksum match?

Upvote 0
Yup! That one seems to be alright.It actually has all the install components. Now I can just watch the video and do it. One last question. In the video he says to make sure you can locate the 2 files, and he puts them under one folder. How would I do that? Or isn't it really necessary?
just remember where you put them.

Upvote 0
Hey MIB, what's the point of the concise guide to getting CWM working with A3?
Main uses for CWM/BSR is nandroid backups and flash roms, also good for factory reseting a rom.
And it seems I have a battery issue. I looked it up and seen that other people have had this issue with A3. Any advice ?
A is for Alpha, means it experimental. Development was abandoned and I haven't really used A3. CM7 and Eclipse are much more stable, but only Gingerbread (android 2.3)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones