Need help removing an app

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I posted bthis in the troubleshooting forum, but few people look there, I guess.
    I tried to update mixzing and it failed a few times. I didn't think much about it until I decided to spring for the paid version. I bought it, but it wouldn't upload either. So I went to uninstall mixzing in hopes that a fresh re-install would fix the problem, but there's no option to uninstall. I have my apps backed up, so I tried uninstalling mixzing that way, but it fails.
    The app itself works fine.
    MixZing may have been bundled with UD 9.8, my current ROM, but I'm not sure. I guess ultimately what I need help with is completely removing the app so I can start with a fresh install.
    (Switching, or even reinstalling the ROM is simply not an option. It takes me days to get my phone back the way I like it. I'm not going there.)

Advertisement
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Have you checked to see if it's in /system/app? If so, you're not going to be able uninstall the usual way. You're going to need to delete it from /system/app, then go into settings>applications>manage applications, filter all and find it there and uninstall what's left there (even though it probably will show 0 data at that point).

Psychokitty likes this.
  3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

could you use Astro?

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I followed GirLuvsDroids instruction using RootManager, and was able to uninstall & reinstall (and upgrade) MixZing.
    Thanks!

5. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Lol nice pun...sorry I had to :D

That is a weird issue though, I wish I could help but I have no idea :confused: