• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help restoring device, big problem, read inside

BloodyRory

Lurker
Jan 28, 2013
Look, my problem is very old. This occurred to me a long time ago, like back when ICS had just come out and there were beta roms for that. This was back when Clockword Mod had just officially come out (through the app) for the Transformer. I have tried getting people over at XDA to help me, but they're stating things to do that I don't even know, because I am a complete noob.

So basically, I had a version of clockworkmod installed that was made by a developer over at XDA. It was working great. Then one day, in rom manager (or whatever that app is called), I saw that I could now download clockworkmod. I decided to download it. Later on, when I attempted to flash my device up to the newest version of the rom I was using, it would not work. I then read a post on xda stating that no one should download it, because it would break the device. Unfortunately, I read this after I downloaded it. For some reason, at the time, I was not able to find a fix and put away the device until now.

Basically, the device will not flash roms, the rom I am using will not show up on my computer through USB and I do not know how to restore it.

Could someone please explain to me how to fix this problem in the simplest way? I am a complete noob when it comes to android, and half the stuff I read on XDA I did not know how to do.

I am currently attempting to charge the device and turn it on. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Edit: Another thing that I forgot to mention is that the device automatically boots into CWM when turned on. (I am running CWM 5.5.0.4). The only way to get into android is to cold boot linux.

Edit #2: Also the rom I am on under build number says: IML74K.revolver-4.0.0_epad-9.2.1.11-20120221

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones