• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help restoring phone to factory reset...

joeb1999

Jul 17, 2011
Ok. I Have a problem here. I have to send my phone back to verizon. The screen goes dark, they sent me a new one.

I rooted my phone. Will they find out and care?

I know, they will know and probably hit me with 300 dollar bill for voiding my warrenty.

So my only option is to restore my phone to the way it was when I bought it. I uninstalled a lot of bloatwhere.

Is there a simple idiot proof way to do this. I tried searching the forums. Some links are no longer working. I can't find anything recently posted thats easy to decipher and use.

Is there anyone in so easter ma area that wants to make a quick 20 bucks and do this for me? I know I figured out how to root it...I can't figure out how to unroot it.

Any help would be great. Thanks. -Joe

Ok. I Have a problem here. I have to send my phone back to verizon. The screen goes dark, they sent me a new one.

I rooted my phone. Will they find out and care?

I know, they will know and probably hit me with 300 dollar bill for voiding my warrenty.

So my only option is to restore my phone to the way it was when I bought it. I uninstalled a lot of bloatwhere.

Is there a simple idiot proof way to do this. I tried searching the forums. Some links are no longer working. I can't find anything recently posted thats easy to decipher and use.

Is there anyone in so easter ma area that wants to make a quick 20 bucks and do this for me? I know I figured out how to root it...I can't figure out how to unroot it.

Any help would be great. Thanks. -Joe

Are you on 5.6.890 or 5.7.906? If you're on .906, I would go here, download the SBF, follow the simple instructions, and run the SBF.

Since there is no .906 SBF yet, this will return you to .890 which you can then boot up and accept the official, stock .906 OTA without any issues. This will put you on the latest, stock software to ship back to VZW.

Upvote 0
When I click the "click here" file. It just says "waiting for device".

So I must be doing something wrong.

When you press m+power and select spf. What do you do next. The next step is to plug your phone in and make sure that the usb connection is on.

Then the instructions say let it reboot...

When you select sbf what do you d? If I press the Up volume button I get stuck on the next screen that says its ok to program.

Thanks. Call me an idiot...but this is not working.

Are you on 5.6.890 or 5.7.906? If you're on .906, I would go here, download the SBF, follow the simple instructions, and run the SBF.

Since there is no .906 SBF yet, this will return you to .890 which you can then boot up and accept the official, stock .906 OTA without any issues. This will put you on the latest, stock software to ship back to VZW.

Upvote 0
His directions may be making some assumptions about you doing this before. It's all good.

Power down.
Press M+Power.
Scroll to AP Fastboot with Volume -
Select AP Fastboot with Volume +
Connect the phone to the computer with the stock USB cable.
Double click the CLICK HERE etc. batch file.
It should then find the phone and start flashing it.
These .bat file SBF methods are usually quick and can entirely flash in under about 5 minutes.

You may need newer drivers for the phone if yours aren't as recent.

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Upvote 0
These thing totally don't work. Followed to a T. Went from a working rooted phone...to a phone that just starts and says duel core tech.

Can't get m+power to work.

Cheers.

His directions may be making some assumptions about you doing this before. It's all good.

Power down.
Press M+Power.
These .bat file SBF methods are usually quick and can entirely flash in under about 5 minutes.

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Upvote 0
All they do is automate the moto-fastboot command line process. You can do it piece by piece through command prompt and moto-fastboot.exe, or you can just use the batch file. Right click the batch file and click edit. You'll see it's a very simple script.

Try booting up with X+Power, then both volume keys at the triangle screen, then wipe data. Run the batch file again, then wipe once more. Also, re-download the entire .zip file, and unzip it to your desktop this time. The person with whom I worked on compiling this with has successfully run it on both his and his wife's Droid 3 (XT862). This is only for US models.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Power down.
Press M+Power.

Can someone please explain to me what M+Power and X+Power is? I'm going to attempt to unroot my phone and apparently I need to know how to press M+power and I have no idea what that means. Sorry for the newbie question!

Upvote 0
Can someone please explain to me what M+Power and X+Power is? I'm going to attempt to unroot my phone and apparently I need to know how to press M+power and I have no idea what that means. Sorry for the newbie question!

With the phone powered off, slide the keyboard open. Hold the "X" (or "M") key while you power on the phone - you can release the keys when a menu appears. That's it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones