• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help restoring recovery xperia z twrp/nandroid manager

Arconsic

Lurker
Jan 5, 2015
hello i want to restore my backup which i did 1 year ago before i installed purexaudio rom to my rooted xperia z

problem is neither twrp or nandroid manager could read it,
"also i cant remember with which of those i did create this recovery it was made on january 2014 as i read in the recovery.log"

its in this order

boot.emmc.win
boot.emmc.win.md5
data.ext4.win000
data.ext4.win000.md5
data.ext4.win001.md5
recovery.log
system.ext4.win
system.ext4.win.md5

yet i cant restore it "neither of the two apps can detect my backup folder and when i manual browse it show empty", can someone tell me what im missing here? also i noticed in twrp boot menu theres option to wipe>factory rest i wonder if this could be alternative? is it safe to use? will it remove purexaudio rom? im sorry im asking alot but i dont know where to go, xperia z becoming relic and cant really find help anywhere else, thanks for your time reading this and hope someone can help me.

From your file listing it looks like a TWRP backup; if you open RECOVERY.LOG in a text editor/viewer you should be able to confirm this. I don't know why it's not recognised though.

A factory reset won't remove a custom firmware; you'll have to reinstall the stock firmware using FlashTool. You could try a "repair installation" via PC Companion, but I don't think it works if you've unlocked the bootloader.

Reactions: Arconsic
Upvote 0
thanks for the help! i managed to get it to work after all it was my bad i didnt put it in the right directory i thought it could be read from anywhere in sd
i removed purexaudio and restored factory defaults it went back to its classy themes sound and everything but i lost all my contacts :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones