• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help retrieving contacts and texts after screen went black

Hi there,

So the screen on my LG Volt recently went black but is still awake apparently. It turns on, vibrates, and gives audible notifications. Would really love to be able to get the contacts and texts off of it. USB debugging is not enabled and it's not rooted. Took it to the Sprint store but they said they couldn't help. Also took it apart to look for a bad connection or whatever but clearly that didn't help. Moved the external SD to the new phone (htc one m9) which had a very recent LG backup but haven't been able to figure out a way to make it helpful. Any and all assistance would truly be appreciated!

Kevin

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Figured it out myself. Turns out the backup on the SD card was the key. Got another LG phone and restored to that backup. Was happily able to transfer contacts and texts to the new phone.

Clearly I've learned my lesson about backing up. Google account didn't sync all contacts. Should probably link them. Not sure about texts on the cloud. Will have to look into that as well.

Reactions: SykkNyzz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones