Need HELP ROOTING *droid eris*

Last Updated:

1. kevinlovesrice

kevinlovesrice Member This Topic's Starter

oh...hi
    im new to this thing of rooting :)
    so can someone give me a detailed tutorial on how to root my droid eris
    it is running on the official 2.1
    ..i saw a tutorial but it said put the file in the root folder but i couldn't find the root folder in the eris at all
    can some kind person help :D:p;)

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

3. kevinlovesrice

kevinlovesrice Member This Topic's Starter

wow......your no help at all >:O

4. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

I think what they are saying is there are root instructions at the top of the page. And they are detailed.

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what ErisUser1 is saying.. Your actually the only person (kevinlovesrice) to ever say he is "no help at all" In reality he is probably the most helpful one on this site regarding help on rooting. If you go for it and get stuck, THEN make a new thread, and in your case, just continue in this one, and you will get the help needed. OR if you read the instructions on root, you'd see there is info on the IRC chat room they are very helpful there, they have helped me on a number of things when I got stuck rooting, and getting things to work on certain ROMs. So give it a try man, the instructions are pretty good, everyone is different, (Mac, Windows/XP/7?Vista)ect. but if you get stuck you have a couple options for feedback as the IRC chat room you don't have to wait for someone to see you post, there is usually always someone around to guide you.

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

+1 times a million! Yeah, don't honk-off erisuser1...he's not only the most helpful, but the most knowledgeable... He has helped and pulled countless folks from really nasty issues.

We'll help you, we just want you to help yourself by doing some homework first. :)

7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello, kevinlovesrice. There is a guide for rooting the Eris at:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

Have a read of the very first post, that is the main guide, whether you have 1.5 or 2.1 the instructions are the same.

Do it step-by-step, slowly and carefully, after first reading through all of the steps.

kevinlovesrice likes this.
  8. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

When they say Root Folder they mean to put it on the SD card and not in any folders that are on the SD card.

kevinlovesrice likes this.