• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting lg axis

can anyone just tell me anything that may prevent my ps3 from being detected by my computer?
your firewall... open your ports and/or forward the right ones ones. you can bridge the connections with the pc (right click network and select both devices and select bridge)from your axis to your ps3 with a crossover cable(its wired differently than norm rj45) and the usb. check this thread for port #s
http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-playstation-network/427455-ps3-port-forwarding.html

this is a workaround for tha ad hoc bs and the internet will not work on the pc as the bridge is active, just disable it for pc internet as needed.

here is a guide for creating a crossover cable
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-ethernet-crossover.asp

the other cryptic response i gave u was a workaround as well. you basicly use the pc to bridge the connection from the phone to the ethernet card. you then attach the crossover cable to the router's wan port. then you let the wireless router serve out the wifi. you then can get a second wireless card for the same pc, and pick up the wifi so that you can use the pc and also bridge at the same time enabling internet on the pc again because the bridge will initially disable it.

Upvote 0
your firewall... open your ports and/or forward the right ones ones. you can bridge the connections with the pc (right click network and select both devices and select bridge)from your axis to your ps3 with a crossover cable(its wired differently than norm rj45) and the usb. check this thread for port #s
PS3 Port Forwarding - AVForums.com

this is a workaround for tha ad hoc bs and the internet will not work on the pc as the bridge is active, just disable it for pc internet as needed.

here is a guide for creating a crossover cable
ethernet crossover cable diagram and functionality

the other cryptic response i gave u was a workaround as well. you basicly use the pc to bridge the connection from the phone to the ethernet card. you then attach the crossover cable to the router's wan port. then you let the wireless router serve out the wifi. you then can get a second wireless card for the same pc, and pick up the wifi so that you can use the pc and also bridge at the same time enabling internet on the pc again because the bridge will initially disable it.
Okay you've completeley lost me,but I'm gonna guess the problem is the fact that I have a standard ethernet cable and I need that special crossover cable thing. Its not the firewall cuz I dcont use it.. does anyone know where I can buy an crossover cable and how much it will cost?

Upvote 0
.......im posting here because on wikipedia it says that my axis is a copy of the ally for ntelos.......

So I posted this as a reply to a post on another thread where someone was looking for 2.2 and custom ROMs for the Axis, but I thought I might as well post it here as well.....

Axis may be a "knock off" of the Ally, but the techniques for the Ally DO NOT work correctly for the Axis. I learned this the hard way. Attempted Trident's method to update to 2.2 and then to Velocity. BAD IDEA!!!! This not only bricked my phone, but it SUPERBRICKED my phone. The update worked to about 70% and then................

Nothing. Phone won't even turn on now. Tried several methods to get it to turn on, but the file system is officially FRIED. So, don't just assume that because one phone is a "knock off" of another that the same programs will work for both.

As far as rooting, I rooted the Axis VERY easily with Z4Root. Absolutely no problems, very easy, quick way to root and unroot. I also used the LONG method to root and it worked fine as well.

DON'T TRY TO USE THE ALLY METHOD OF UPDATING TO 2.2 ON AN AXIS!!!! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU KEEP TRYING.

Wanna verify this, ask Trident. He knows what happened to me.

Upvote 0
So I posted this as a reply to a post on another thread where someone was looking for 2.2 and custom ROMs for the Axis, but I thought I might as well post it here as well.....

Axis may be a "knock off" of the Ally, but the techniques for the Ally DO NOT work correctly for the Axis. I learned this the hard way. Attempted Trident's method to update to 2.2 and then to Velocity. BAD IDEA!!!! This not only bricked my phone, but it SUPERBRICKED my phone. The update worked to about 70% and then................

Nothing. Phone won't even turn on now. Tried several methods to get it to turn on, but the file system is officially FRIED. So, don't just assume that because one phone is a "knock off" of another that the same programs will work for both.

As far as rooting, I rooted the Axis VERY easily with Z4Root. Absolutely no problems, very easy, quick way to root and unroot. I also used the LONG method to root and it worked fine as well.

DON'T TRY TO USE THE ALLY METHOD OF UPDATING TO 2.2 ON AN AXIS!!!! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE IF YOU KEEP TRYING.

Wanna verify this, ask Trident. He knows what happened to me.

can you show me how to do this? i have the axis and i dont want to mess up my phone....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones