Need help rooting LG Genesis

Last Updated:

1. faillord12089

faillord12089 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has successfully rooted the LG Genesis. I have tried Superoneclick and Universal Androot. If anyone knows if z4root will work, please direct me where i can find it. I haven't been able too. Thank you in advance. :)

Advertisement
  2. ryanstowers

ryanstowers New Member

Hello,

I have the LG Genesis US760 Model > USCC Is Service Provider

I Picked It Up About A Week Ago, It's Not Bad, I Would Put In The " Middle End " If Comparing To ALL Android Models, ANd At The "TOP END" If Comparing To The USCC Lineup ( Which Is About To Dramatically Change )

Anyway, In Order To Root The Genesis, You Need To Use "GingerBreak APK" > Works Like A Charm On ALL CURRENT Devices/Tabs From 2.x - 3.1 > And Only Took About 60 Seconds To Complete.

Here Is The Link To The "How - To" > As Well As The Actual Download :

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Let Me Know How It Goes :D

3. faillord12089

It worked! Thank you so much! It was a pain to have to research this 24/7 and you helped. I personally love my lg Genesis. I would prefer it over any other phone there. Haha. But thank you once again. =)

4. firemedicadam

firemedicadam New Member

I'm having troubles understanding the Gingerbreak. I used the QR code, and downloaded it to the phone but it said I had to put it on an SD card. Then when I opened it, it was all text. I want to root my LG genesis so I can use various apps, but I'm having problems. Can anyone help??????

5. Makileesmommy

Makileesmommy New Member

So Im trying to root my genesis from us cellular and its been "rooting" for a long time. Im using the method above. Should I just stop the rooting or wait longer???

6. pypeke

pypeke Member

I just got my Genesis. What is rooting?

7. faillord12089

Okay, now i need help flashing ROMs onto my genesis. I would like to get gingerbread flashed, for this is a froyo phone. Any help is appreciated.

8. Applesarekool

Applesarekool Member

Don't try flashing anything not meant for the Genesis. I tried using Clockwork Mod to flash Amonra's recovery, but it just leaves my device hanging. You have to take out the battery, hold power and home key for a while, pull the battery again and hold power and home, and it should come on again. Essentially I lost the stock recovery, so after I found out that I would have to work from there, I wanted to shoot myself in the face for flashing anything at all. LG's support tool, won't/can't recovery this phone. I was thinking about trying to rename the software version from 5 to 4, so it would try to "update" the phone instead of saying, no updated is needed. Anyways, Good luck.

9. thescorpion420

thescorpion420 New Member

Well I'm bored and my brother and a friend of his both have this phone so I'll see what I can do. I already ripped out the recovery and boot partitions from one of their phones, I just need to unpack it and compile the ramdisk into CWM recovery then we should have a decent starting point to mod this phone. I'm an accredited dev on sdx-developers(for the acclaim) btw, so I'm not talking out my ass.

10. Applesarekool

Applesarekool Member

Not bored enough appearently lol. 3 months later. But thanks for trying man! :D

11. RSlater64

RSlater64 Member

Sorry about the double posting, I tried to edit the original post.

First off sorry if this is in the wrong area, please direct me if incorrect.
    I was given an LG Genisis US760 that is stuck on the LG start screen. I assume this phone is bricked.

Is there a way to unbrick the phone? I am fairly new to Androids so some great directions would be good for me or any help that may be offered.

Thanks

12. RSlater64

RSlater64 Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Please direct me to the correct area if incorrect.

I was given an LG US760 (Genesis) from US Cellular. The phone only turns on and goes to the LG Logo screen. I have tried to do a hard reset where the volume key, home button and power button are pushed. No luck. Is there a way to fix the phone at this point? When plugged into the USB port my computer does not recognized the device. I get the following message-- Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Any help offered is greatly appreciated, I am not very good at the android.

Thanks