Need help rooting Motorola Milestone from MTS

1. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

I have had my Android for a few months now and I have been trying for the last few weeks to root it, but so far none of the guides I have read anywhere have done the job for me...can anyone dumb the steps down or post a video so i can finally get this done? any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. daveguenther

daveguenther Member

You must use the steps for the Motorola Droid, they are near identical and the rooting steps are the same. I have the A854 (MTS Motorola Milestone)

[​IMG]

Use a barcode scanner or google googles, install "Universal Androot" This is the tool I used. If it can root your phone it will, if not it will not harm it.

That's it as far as rooting goes. Your next step is to download "rom manager" by clockwork. Then pick a rom out of here Droid - ROMs - Android Forums
    Save it to your sd card, no extraction necessary, and use rom manager to install rom from zip

Post any questions or concerns about the steps and mention how it goes
    bluntman 37 likes this.
  3. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

ive rooted it, downloaded the the rom manager and installed the cm7.1 rom...but now my phone is stuck on the motorola logo :( ive tried pulling the battery out and have let it sit for a few mins, but still nothing...any tips?
  4. daveguenther

daveguenther Member

what happens when you power off then power on holding the power button and x on the keypad. let go of power button once you get the "M" logo.

Do you get clockworkMod Recovery?
    bluntman 37 likes this.
  5. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

ive done that and now i see 'bootloader 2c.6c'

battery ok
    ok to program
    connect usb
    data cable
  6. daveguenther

daveguenther Member

if you see bootloader power off and try again holding the X instead of the up arrow
    bluntman 37 likes this.
  7. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

ok ive done that with the x and it brings up error in cache recovery log no more room on device
  8. daveguenther

daveguenther Member

Sounds like you might need to use RSDLite

Did you use a tutorial after rooting the phone to install the mod?
    bluntman 37 likes this.
  9. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

no i didnt use any tutorial. ive got RSDLite, what do i need to do?
  10. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

Great news I got it working! thanks for your help, greatly appreciated :)
  11. daveguenther

daveguenther Member

Fantastic! Truthfully I was worried about this. I thought I sorta laid out rooting as instructions to follow and roms as a summary that you'd find somewhere else to follow.

Glad it's running, is it the upgrade or did you go back to stock?
  12. bluntman 37

bluntman 37 Member

its the upgrade running, so far so good, thanks again for your help