• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help Rooting my EVO 4G

mig3ple8

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this cry for help.

So here is my scenario. I have rooted my htc evo 4g before i did the revolutionary method and now have hboot 6.16. I was used CyanogenMod9 on my phone for a few months, everything worked fine except of course for the video camera and Netflix. I am sure the 4G doesn't work but i don't have that in my area.

So i wanted to try another custom ROM i narrowed it down to going back to Gingerbread so i can have those features working on my phone. Now i tried using Rom Manager and that's when i noticed i was getting a error message apparently i don't have root access. somewhere along the line i must of done or deleted something. So i have been trying to get root access once again with the htc method but to no avail. When i go into hboot and try to hit recovery so i can try to get the flash from sd card option, it doesn't even do that.

Please help What do i need to do:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones