• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting

phenom01

Aug 12, 2010
Hi i downloaded the app "one Click Lag Fix" and ran it. It said successfully installed and to reboot my phone. I rebooted and entered the recovery console. The problem is i dont see the file "update" that i am suppose to run. All i see is "reboot system", "reinstall packages", and "reinstall cache".

Hi i downloaded the app "one Click Lag Fix" and ran it. It said successfully installed and to reboot my phone. I rebooted and entered the recovery console. The problem is i dont see the file "update" that i am suppose to run. All i see is "reboot system", "reinstall packages", and "reinstall cache".

You do not yet have root, is that what you're saying? I believe you need to select "reinstall packages." That will flash the update.zip file, which I am presuming is the file OCLF created for you to obtain root.

Do that and see what happens (famous last words? :D).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones