• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting

Blackmagic

Dec 7, 2009
Hey guys, I know you probably hear this alot about ppl that need help rooting but in my scenario that is somewhat the case. My recent droid that i used to have had issues with the screen not turning on so i had to send it in which was rooted. Asurion sent me back a refurbished droid with froyo build FRG83D. I rooted it using the SuperOneClick Root method. The phone appears to be rooted cause the SuperUser icon is in my app drawer. But when it comes to installing ROMS on the device using ROM manager i put the zip file on my phone to install. My phone reboots twice showing the Motorola icon and then restarts itself regular. It never gets to installing the ROM. Anyway to fix this???

Where are you getting stuck?

EDIT: If you can't flash a custom recovery, you likely aren't completely rooted. You can go into Superuser and see if ROM Manager is denied for some reason... but other than that you may have to use another, more reliable rooting method like RSD Lite.

Well im getting stuck when the phone reboots itself to install the ROM and nothing happenes. I checked Superuser and ROM manager is allowed. So i dunno what the problem is. Other people have used this method and it worked. I guess i will try RSD Lite method. Thanks anyway, gonna keep trying until it works.

Upvote 0
Well im getting stuck when the phone reboots itself to install the ROM and nothing happenes. I checked Superuser and ROM manager is allowed. So i dunno what the problem is. Other people have used this method and it worked. I guess i will try RSD Lite method. Thanks anyway, gonna keep trying until it works.

A good test to do is too just reboot in recovery from ROM Manager.

Upvote 0
We see this all the time. I guess it's time that someone asks whoever maintains rom manager to make sure this command is also passed through when the custom recovery is flashed. Here's the command:

Code:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p.old[/FONT]

Now there's several ways (apps, terminal, adb shell) you can implement this command, but make sure you have /system 'mounted' as read/write first.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones