Need help rooting

1. JerrysKids

JerrysKids Well-Known Member

Hey, have I missed the root guide for the anthem 4g? Im new to the site and just trying to figure things out. Thnks

Jerry

Advertisement
  2. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

No root yet.
    MAW1387 likes this.
  3. JerrysKids

OK :( Thank you, Ill check back in a couple of days.
  4. JerrysKids

MAW1387 likes this.
  5. MAW1387

MAW1387 New Member

Has anyone tried the above method or any other with success? Just bought the anthem and all i need is root to make it better.. Won't even worry about a custom rom for a lil bit it, would make phone awesome tho.. Hope we get support for this phone!
  6. JerrysKids

Since I haven't got much knowledge on how to manipulate electronics and I cant afford to brick this phone, I cant try the above method because I wouldnt know how to return it to its original state. Im not saying I want someone else to junk their phone, Im just saying Id rather someone who reeeeeeaaaaally knows what they are doing to try it out. At least I admit it, lol.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Any news here?
    Unforgiven likes this.
  8. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

You guys can try the root method posted ... but if you want to return to regular state just reset the device by going to privacy in settings or where ever it is
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Using the HTC Evo 4G engineering bootloader on a ZTE works and does not result in a brick???

Factory data reset wouldn't fix that.
  10. Killah1994

Oh I'm getting this phone next week ... I'm going to try that root method..
  11. JerrysKids

Please let us know how it goes for you.
  12. Killah1994

I got the anthem yesterday and I tried this root method ... sadly it didn't work I'm left with a black screen but the soft lights does come up

Edit: I'm not giving up, this phone is sexy and fast I want root ...I'm going to play around this method some more.
    JerrysKids likes this.
  13. JerrysKids

Sorry to hear you kinda fudged your phone but I am very anxious to know that someone (that knows what they are doing) is working on this. Many thanks.:D
  14. vicksanders

vicksanders Member

i might have a couple of methods on root

!!!MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS PUT IN USB DEBUGGING MODE!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warning It's your phone if you break it blame yourself. I can't help you if this script bricks your phone. I have used and it worked great.
    Currently there is no recovery, no roms or way to make a nandroid backup. BE CAREFUL. REALLY.

You will need the proper adb drivers for this to work .
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+install+adb+android+drivers+2012

1. Put your device in usb debug mode from developer options setting menu.
    2. Download DoomLord Script and extract it to a folder. DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.zip
    3. Connect your phone via usb and make sure you have adb drivers already installed.
    4. Open the extracted folder run the runme.bat
    5.Click any key to start the script the device will reboot be patient can take a couple minutes.
    6. After script completes hit any key script should close you now have root.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ANOTHER ONE-
    -------------------------
    USE THIS ultimate warp drive.rar BUT FIRST INSTALL THE ZTE DRIVERS AFTER U INSTALL THE DRIVERS.USE THE ULTAMITE ROOT METHOD.JUST ROOT DONT DO CWM. !!!MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS PUT IN USB DEBUGGING MODE!!!
    JerrysKids likes this.
  15. JerrysKids

Awesome! Gonna give this a try this evening! Thank you !
    vicksanders likes this.
  16. SeanP8

SeanP8 New Member

Has anybody tried either 1 of the root methods posted, im anxious to root my anthem but want to get the right one. I know what its like to brick a phone, and though its still under the 30 day warranty i dont want to deal with waiting for a new one to get sent to me. any feedback on the better root would be great.
  17. SeanP8

SeanP8 New Member

Well i tried both of these methods and neither worked, the ultimate warp drive went halfway, but when i ran the script it kept saying "device offline", but my wifi was up, and i had usb debug on and mass storage on, it booted into recovery but the script wouldnt install anything...any ideas?
  18. zeest

zeest Well-Known Member

Hello. I do not have this phone, so I can't test the method, but trying turn off mass storage. The phone I have must be put into "charge only" mode to use adb correctly.
  19. vicksanders

vicksanders Member

Do u have the drivers installed
  20. SeanP8

SeanP8 New Member

Yes im pretty sure I just uninstalled all my drivers and re-installed, then i tried both root methods again, it booted me into recovery and then it kept saying "adb server out of date...killing" and "error:device offline"

I dont get it...
  21. razrooster

razrooster New Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    :smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb:
  22. razrooster

razrooster New Member

:mad:I have tried both of these and did not work! I did find the recovery by using the ultimate warp. Does anyone know someone fix any of these to work on the anthem. I would love a rom also. I wonder if playfulgod can help us out. I have tried all of the methods that I know like gingerroot, 4zroot. I would even do it the hard way if I had instructions to do so. I also willing to give anyone what they need to buid a rom for this thing. It is a great phone just a bad rom a "gingerbread want-a-be":confused:
  23. JerrysKids

Im gonna have to get the CFO (Teresa) to approve and fund the purchase of the Galaxy if I cant get root/roms for this ZTE Anthem POS!