Need help saving a picture from a text messageSupport

1. JLevin

JLevin Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me? I need to save a picture from a text message that was sent to me but it won't let me. Need some advice please.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bbrad

bbrad Well-Known Member

I couldn't find an option either. You can save as wall paper or contact icon. Strange there is no option for this.
  3. cap10mark

cap10mark Well-Known Member

I was wondering as well until I checked my SD card and they were under downloads.
  4. el viejo

el viejo Well-Known Member

Try selecting the text area of the message instead of the picture area. That, strangely, seemed to work for me.
  5. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

Speaking of that and being an Android noob, how do I access files I saved to my SD card, using just the phone !:confused:
  6. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Market -- Androzip :)
  7. r.williams

r.williams Member

Yeah, if you long press on the message itself instead of the picture then you'll be given an option to save the image.
    And to browse the files on your sd card, you'll have to install a file explorer. The market has a good few of them, just take your pick. I recommend ESFileExplorer, it's simple and does the trick.
    casras59 likes this.
  8. krisG

krisG New Member

i long pressed it several times trying to get that to work with no success
  9. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Get the app called, I think it's, Save MMS. I'll double check

Edit: yeah Save MMS is it. It will also make a folder in your gallery of saves pictures from the texts for easy access.
    baker74 likes this.
  10. vsanc12

vsanc12 New Member

Save MMS works and the ES File explorer works as well makes it easier to "fumble" through your files and save picture messages.