Root Need Help! (SDK Install)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1_2_MaNy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. 1_2_MaNy

1_2_MaNy New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I posted this in the "Applications" section, but I think here is more appropriate.

I have an Evo 4G and I'm eventually trying to root it (the right way). I'm trying to install the SDK (for Windows XP) and I'm having an issue. I installed the Sun Java JRE, HTC Sync and I downloaded the SDK. I re-booted my PC, then enabled USB debugging on my Evo and plugged it in to a high speed USB port and then let Windows find the drivers. Now I did a test to make sure the SDK was installed correctly. I went to "android-sdk/tools", then opened a command prompt and entered "adb devices" to make sure that I can see the device's serial number...but I keep getting this...'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

I keep getting this error message even after I prompt to the tools directory. I tried re-installing drivers, I tried deleting and re-installing all software and nothing seems to do the trick. I still keep getting "...is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

I posted this on Android Central, but no one seems to know what the heck is going on. I hope to god that someone here knows how to fix this. My Android experience will be crippled until I get the SDK installed correctly.

Advertisement
  2. 1_2_MaNy

1_2_MaNy New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Wow, really? No one? :(

3. ivlillion

ivlillion Member

Jul 8, 2010
    i am having the same trouble man... did you get it fixed, because i can't find it

4. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    are you sure command prompt is in the tools folder? if you run 'dir' you should be able to find adb.exe in the list

Tags: