Need help setting up customers Comcast email

1. ramdroid

ramdroid Member

I have a customer that needs to get their comcast email setup on Motorola Droid. This seems to be an issue. First off let me give you the settings I am using.

Incoming:
    1.Customer username - does not have @comcast behind it
    2.their password
    3. port 110
    4. mail.comcast.net
    5. Security type None

Outgoing
    1.smtp.comcast.net
    2.587 port
    3.security None

I have also tried other random settings. The best I have gotten this to work is that it receives one email at a time. A couple of minutes later you click refrest and even that message is gone.

I have even tried m.comcast.net for the customer and that website shows you have 2 new mail. But after you click on it once and back out there is no way to see the messages again.

Can someone please help me on this so I can have a happy droid customer.

Advertisement
  2. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I have comcast working on my Sprint Hero with these settings.

address and username with (@comcast.net) following.

Incomming server settings
    logon required
    pop server: mail.comcast.net
    security type: SSL
    server port: 995

Outgoing server settings
    username with (@comcast.net) following
    SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net
    Security type: SSL
    Server port: 465

Hope that works for you.
  3. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member

When I delete mail from phone it doesn't delete from server.I guess what I'm saying is that Comcast doesn't sync. Have you figured it out yet? Thanks. Art
  4. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member

5. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

That's the difference between POP and IMAP. IMAP is more of a 'sync' thing, while POP isn't. However, even though some POP email clients don't have an option to delete the message on the server, other POP email clients do have the option to delete the email either when it's deleted in the client or after downloading the email from the POP server.

The HTC Mail application available with the HTC Sense UI found on the HTC Hero and HTC Droid Eris line of Android phones, does have a setting to delete the mail on the server when it is deleted in the HTC Mail application.
  6. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

I got my new Incredible and I'm able to send e-mail but I can't receive. I tried using SSL like DaWeav said, but as soon as I select it, it says: "Warning: Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding."
  7. mmrgenus

mmrgenus New Member

Hi - I was able to set up my comcast, but the hyperlinks that come through on valid emails are diabled. Any idea how to get them active? On my other emails for the Droid Incredible they work (ie gmail). Just Comcast bad. Any ideas?