Need Help Setting Up Email, Plz Help!General

Last Updated:

1. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a custom email account example: john@customwebsite.com and have no clue how to set it up. I know how to set up a regular account like AOL, Yahoo, Gmail etc. but this won't seem to work. It is hosted through intermedia and I could really use some help getting it set up.
    Thanks in advance,
    irm

Advertisement
  2. Shawnd76

Shawnd76 New Member

To set up an Exchange Server connection, you will need to get the name of the server and the server domain name from your service provider or system administrator. You must also know your Exchange user name and password.

1. Go to the ActiveSync configuration screen. This can generally be found by going to the Program page and clicking on ActiveSync. Click menu and then "Configure Server"

2. In Server address, enter the name of the server running Exchange Server, and click Next.

3. Enter your user name, password, and domain name, and click Next.

4. If you want the phone to save your password so that you will not need to enter it again when connecting, select the Save password check box.

5. Select the check boxes for the types of information items that you want to synchronize with Exchange Server.

6. Finish

irmac likes this.
  3. prj

prj Well-Known Member

Lot easier to skip the Exchange ActiveSync and just set up a POP3/IMAP.

You will need to find out your incoming and outgoing servers from intermedia to set it up using either configuration.