need help so much!!!!!!!!

1. funwithham

funwithham Member

ok so i reallllllly realllllllly want to go back to froyo, i am currently running gingerbread and hate it, so slow.
    i also want to downgrade due to that i want to root my desire z using VISIONary temp option.

I DO NOT WANT TO PERMANTLY ROOT MY PHONE.

i want to temproot my phone but when i use visionary, i run it and the screen stays black and does not continue or reboot. and yes i have debugging off.

i need help in these issues!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'm confused.... If you're running Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) now then your handset must already be rooted as HTC haven't released GB for the Desire Z yet, therefore it must be via a third-party ROM.

Can you clarify the currently-installed firmware and whether the handset is currently rooted?
  3. funwithham

funwithham Member

...ugh i feel like such a dumbass right now... i am running 2.2.1 i would like to temprrot my phone, how can i do this safely if i want to go back if need be (warranty etc.)?
  4. funwithham

funwithham Member

O and i am not rooted
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You will have to downgrade the firmware to 1.34.xxx.x in order to root. There's a comprehensive guide to the procedure here.
  6. funwithham

funwithham Member

ok just a few questions, HOW DO I CHECK WHAT INFOCID I HAVE??? and how do i get adb?