need help so much!!!!!!!!

1. funwithham

funwithham Member

ok so i reallllllly realllllllly want to go back to froyo, i am currently running gingerbread and hate it, so slow.
    i also want to downgrade due to that i want to root my desire z using VISIONary temp option.

I DO NOT WANT TO PERMANTLY ROOT MY PHONE.

i want to temproot my phone but when i use visionary, i run it and the screen stays black and does not continue or reboot. and yes i have debugging off.

i need help in these issues!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I'm confused.... If you're running Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) now then your handset must already be rooted as HTC haven't released GB for the Desire Z yet, therefore it must be via a third-party ROM.

Can you clarify the currently-installed firmware and whether the handset is currently rooted?
  3. funwithham

funwithham Member

...ugh i feel like such a dumbass right now... i am running 2.2.1 i would like to temprrot my phone, how can i do this safely if i want to go back if need be (warranty etc.)?
  4. funwithham

funwithham Member

O and i am not rooted
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

You will have to downgrade the firmware to 1.34.xxx.x in order to root. There's a comprehensive guide to the procedure here.
  6. funwithham

funwithham Member

ok just a few questions, HOW DO I CHECK WHAT INFOCID I HAVE??? and how do i get adb?