• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help stopping emails from being read over car audio

Kevin Meyer

Lurker
Jul 3, 2015
We just switched from a Sprint Galaxy S4 to a Verizon Note 4 and started getting some email ads being read over our car audio. We like having text messages read while driving, which the S4 did quite well, but we hate it when emails come through because it seems to be only ads that do that... not all, but some (e.g. Bath and Body Works). Any help stopping emails over bluetooth will be greatly appreciated.

We just switched from a Sprint Galaxy S4 to a Verizon Note 4 and started getting some email ads being read over our car audio. We like having text messages read while driving, which the S4 did quite well, but we hate it when emails come through because it seems to be only ads that do that... not all, but some (e.g. Bath and Body Works). Any help stopping emails over bluetooth will be greatly appreciated.
Go into the app list under voice notify in settings, accessibility. From there you should be able to uncheck email, plus whatever else you want voice notify to ignore.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. I may not be looking in the right places, but I do not find "voice notify" on my Note 4, either as an app or a setting. I found a Voice Notify app on Google Play... is that what you are referring to?

Update: I previously thought the only emails being passed through to the car audio via bluetooth were those with ads, but I just confirmed it's all emails (on wife's Note 4). That doesn't happen on my S6, which relays only text messages to the car audio. I'm using MailDroid and my wife is using the stock email app, so that may be why hers relays both texts and emails. I will change email apps on the Note 4, and if that doesn't cure it, I'll report back and ask for help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones