• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help Switching

Just do some research on all the phones in that price range your plan on spending because really whomever answers your question more than likely going to have a different opinion on each phone. really no one could make the decision for u because we don't know what you like and how heavy u plan to use the phone. what you need to do and i bet alot of others do including my self is do research on the phones you might like and see the features of each phone has that you will like. Youtube each phone for reviews, and different test. Im thinking thats your best best.

Upvote 0
If you are asking about strictly new phones, the exibit 2 is probably your best bet.

If you're willing to go used, then you have a lot of options. Check ebay, craigslist, and local pawn shops. I picked up a galaxy vibrant for 100 from a pawn shop. I've seen htc sensations for 200...among others. I choose the cheaper route as I'm planning on buying a G nexus when I have the money.

Upvote 0
I must have missed him wanting contract free.
The OP didn't specify contract-free. It's just that you can save considerable money by paying full price for a used or even a new phone and going with a Value Plan or prepaid vs buying a so-called 'subsidized' or 'discounted' phone and regular plan. The lower monthly bill more than offsets the higher initial outlay after a year or so.

Upvote 0
The OP didn't specify contract-free. It's just that you can save considerable money by paying full price for a used or even a new phone and going with a Value Plan or prepaid vs buying a so-called 'subsidized' or 'discounted' phone and regular plan. The lower monthly bill more than offsets the higher initial outlay after a year or so.

I am a 12 year customer. I guess I get spoiled with my awesome "customer loyalty" rates and deals. T-Mobile is still the best value though.
Love them. Loved them even more when they were Voicestream

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones