1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Need help Unbricking my Samsung Galaxy Ace, Please!

1. 8bitInfidel

8bitInfidel New Member

Hello all.

my first post :eek:

I love Android, however I am a noob :afraid:

My phone has just recent become "bricked".

No idea how, I have had it Rooted for some time with out a problem.
    Then when trying to connect to wireless it crashed reboot and I haven't been able to get on the home screen since.

How do I recover the OS with a custom ROM? I have search and I can only find jargon and broken links, which doesn't help me.

So if you could just give me a step by step guide or a (link with not to much jargon and links to files) on how to recover the OS to a Stock Ginger-bread ROM please.

Thank you
    Infidel

Advertisement
  2. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

You need to flash your firmware with odin. Go to sammobile.com for firmware files, odin, cooper.ops file and instructions.
  3. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Yes Odin should very well solve your problem.
    Also do think about how it crashed in the first place and share that here so that others can avoid this problem.
  4. 8bitInfidel

8bitInfidel New Member

Yeah I know of the site, but I'm really sorry I have no idea what is what.:eek:
  5. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

Ace - All Things Root - Android Forums

here you will find what you need to know how to flash a new firmware in your phone..
  6. chrcol

chrcol Well-Known Member

after you get it working again, install CWM and do a full backup with it.
  7. 8bitInfidel

8bitInfidel New Member

I have fixed it now using my new friend Odin:D

Thanks for the help guys.:cool:

And just another question- Is there a version of ginger-bread that is a bit more speedy and responsive?
  8. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

The latest is the DDKQ8, you can give that try.
    Btw which version are you using now??

If you really want speed, there are loads of custom roms made just for speed and performance, look them up.