• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

need help understanding phone

cha cha

Lurker
Dec 10, 2010
Hi guys, I'm very happy to have found this site. I've just recently bought this phone. Samsung Captivate. I'm SO lost. I had the iphone prior, and itt seemed so much easier. There is a few features I've discovered that I like very much. I love the swype keyboard! I keep seeing referrals to froid . What is this? The accessibility app? I've been unable tip locate this, how important is it? The unlock feature I've seen discussed, what its this and why does it seem important? As you can see, I have lots of questions, and I need lots of tips. I know this phone has potential, but I'm at the point of not wanting to press buttons, cause off fear of making things worse. I've tried downloading ringtones, and can't link them too my contacts. I'm also having problems syncing. I can't tell if it is or not. Please if anyone has the time to inform me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm past the point of exchanging it, and I hate to quit something.. But I'm really beginning to think about going back to the iphone or trying another type. I'm beginning to believe this phone is way to smart for me. I also realize that I didn't play with it much when I first purchased it, but I'm now beginning to lose interest in even trying. HELP! I also can not get the text to speech part to work on my headset, all I get is hurtful noise

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones