• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help UNROOTING hero

thefley

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2009
I have 2 heros I need to unroot, taking them in to sprint to swap our for other phones.

the problem is when I go and try to run the sprint stock RUU form HTC they both get so far along and then say ERROR 177 unable to connect to phone VIA USB or something along those lines.

I have done a search and tried these

Unrooting sprint htc hero - Android Forums
Need help unrooting! Please help - Android Forums
Please help! Getting Hero replaced... unrooting/stock apps needed? - Android Forums

and none of these help.... anyone help me out?

I don't have any nandroid back ups or anything like that so where do I start? Do I just go out and run over both with car for the ins. ? :D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 31
yea I installed HTC sync and it shows connected. untill it starts to flash. I rooted one phone with Z4root and the other from [GUIDE] How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release for CDMA Hero - xda-developers

It looks like it is loosing the usb connection, I read some place a while back that you could us PDaNet to connect and flash from it. I am trying to find that now.

by the way, thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The one with Z4root did you try the unroot click

Yea, did that too, still kills connection to usb on every thing i tried... same error as in that pic i posted on first post. pulling my hair out here

the one I am working on now I am not able to boot to recovery mode at all. it gives me a pic of a phone and a triangle.

I just have it rooted and running the sprint rom that was stripped down. I used the z4root on it. after all the crap i have done to it now no access to recovery at all

I have tried rerooting them with no luck, i guess cause they are rooted already. though it might fix any errors

Upvote 0
Great, I was also thinking about it today and before seeing your response I was just going to ask what version Windows you were using and drivers, LOL glad you resolved it

Thanks for the post. after sleeping on it, I thought that the issue was like my first isseu over a year ago. Win 7 64bit.

and thats what it was. I made a post about it long ago. I went and downloaded the Vista 64 bit drivers and that fixed the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones