Need help unrooting my Evo

Last Updated:

1. adonis4g

adonis4g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello android community. I have rooted several Evos using the unrevoked 3.21/forever method. The problem its trying to unroot. As I seen many posts on DJRez's unroot guide , many others are having the same problem. The PC36img wont load correctly. I have no problem turning the S-on, but when its time to load the PC36img, it says that it can't be loaded because it is an older version. I tried just about every link to find the correct and up to date img but no luck. I downloaded the image everyway possible to be sure the file couldn't be corrupted. I've done it though the phone browser, through the pc to the phone, straight to the sd etc etc..., Someone, please help I'm very familiar with the rooting lingo and I know what I'm doing most of the time. I need to find another way to unroot or find an updated img do I can take my sons Evo back to Sprint. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Did you try the pc36img that is posted in the rooting for dummies sticky by chance? The reason you get the main version is older is because you are most likely using a pc36img from s/w version 3.26 and not 3.29. The pc36img posted in the rooting for dummies thread should alleviate that error.

3. adonis4g

adonis4g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll that link out, thanks. Ok'll get back to you.