• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Need help unrooting plz

danskins

Lurker
Nov 17, 2013
I was trying to unroot my HTC ONE but i didn't do it right and now i'm in a mess my phone is relocked it still says tampered and it's s-on every time i try to flash a ota form bell even if i unlock it again it stops the green progress bar right at the end and i have to unplug it and restart it and now it's showing me a black screen with a android label and it stays stuck on that screen plz help i've been searching for hours to know how to fix it. plz help me anyone it's from bell mobility and i'm in Canada i can't find a ruu so that's why i tried to flash the ota.:stupido2:

Attachments

• IMAG0204.jpg
    IMAG0204.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 57
I was trying to unroot my HTC ONE but i didn't do it right and now i'm in a mess my phone is relocked it still says tampered and it's s-on every time i try to flash a ota form bell even if i unlock it again it stops the green progress bar right at the end and i have to unplug it and restart it and now it's showing me a black screen with a android label and it stays stuck on that screen plz help i've been searching for hours to know how to fix it. plz help me anyone it's from bell mobility and i'm in Canada i can't find a ruu so that's why i tried to flash the ota.:stupido2:

I replied to your post on XDA also :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2531692

Upvote 0

just noticed the bit about OTAs. you cannot install an OTA with a custom recovery!

your best bet,as i said above,to get back to a working phone is to unlock,and flash a new rom.

you could post in this thread your build number and see if crushalot can find a nandroid and recovery to add your version to his reset tool: http://androidforums.com/internatio...any-versions-rom-recovery-radio-get-otas.html

Upvote 0
i don't know what is the right ruu to use or ota all of the one's i try fail and i know i have to see my version i did it's BM_001
and my i read also that i need a ruu that has 666 in the middle for bell but still no luck

we can help you find an ruu or alternate way back to stock,but for now your only way back to a working device is to re-unlock,flash a recovery,and either flash a stock rom,or restore a backup.

if your phone was working prior to being locked,all you may need to do is re-unlock to become a funtional device again.

Upvote 0
i don't know what is the right ruu to use or ota all of the one's i try fail and i know i have to see my version i did it's BM_001
and my i read also that i need a ruu that has 666 in the middle for bell but still no luck

I really don't know how to say it any better

go back to htc-dev and unlock your bootloader - http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/
re-flash TWRP recovery - fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
and re-flash a rom (if you don't have a rom on your sdcard you'll need to push or sideload a rom to your phones SDcard
the command is adb push name of rom.zip /data/media/0 change the name of corse

here is the Nandroid Backup CID BM 001 3.23.666.1 for your phone
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-twrp-nandroid-backup-cid-bm___001-3-23-666-1-zip/

You will extract the Backup to your fastboot folder (make a folder called backup in fastboot) and then push it to your phone while it's booted to Recovery
adb push backup /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/Your phones Serial number/backup
as noted below you get your phones serial number by typing adb devices

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
if you need to push a nandroid to your sd card:
-with the phone in recovery mode,open cmd:
adb devices

if you get "serial number recovery" back then:

adb push nandroidname /data/media/0/clockworkmod/backup/nandroidname/

note that the nandroid is not a zip file

the link clsa provided looks to be for labled "twrp",so for now id recomend using a nandroid that you have made with CW and stored on your PC,or go the rom flashing route if you nave no nandroids.

after your phone is working,we can work on installing twrp and restoring that stock backup :)

Upvote 0
i can't get adb working on my mac but fastboot works fine and i looked at tons on ways to get it to work but it still doesn't show me my devices listed and without that i can't go forward with the process :(

Have you used fastboot to re-unlock and install a recovery? You will need to be in recovery for adb to work,and you'll prolly need to have tried to boot the phone after installing recovery.

But at any rate,it is perfectly normal for adb to not work with the phone in fastboot mode

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones