• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help updating from 2.1 to 2.2 (Can't get OTA)

aethyal

Lurker
Jul 11, 2012
Hey guys! I've found this forum to me so very useful over the week that I've been toying with my phone. I rooted on 2.2.2, made a mistake, then reset my phone back to 2.1 via the LGNPST guide, which was super helpful to unbrick my phone. (http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nate-v6-restore-method-updated-5-24-11-a.html)

The problem now is that I can't force *#*#CHECKIN#*#* updates (OTA). Is there a way to flash my way back up to 2.2.2? Rooted or not.

Edit: A bit more info. I have flashed (what I think) is a stock recovery as well. I did this through ADB and also tried to do it through a custom recovery. I just can't seem to get the OTA updates. :(

Edit2: I've also tried just the regular LG Updater Tool with no luck.

Edit3: I just tried doing a series of stock recovery img's mixed with Factory Resets. Still no good.

Thanks!
- aeth

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones