• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help-Updating S4 (From 4.2.2 Rooted)

spyder

Jan 18, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi There.
OK, QUICK background. I bought this phone when it came out. Screen broke 3 weeks later, JUST fixed it now. Also, I have been out of the Android loop for about 2 years (NO, not iPhone....had to go 'Away' for a while...ugh, nothing gross or horrible)....Anyway, I just got the phone running/fixed..Here is info:
1. SCH-I545 (Was Verizon , now on Straight Talk)
2. Android 4.2.2
3. Baseband: I545VRUAME7
4. Kernel: 3.4.0-690088

I want to eventually get it to Lollipop (rooted). If I have to step thru KitKat..I wouldn't mind trying it. Everything I see is from 4.3 and I don't even have that.

I am sorry. There was a time 2+ years ago when I was quite on top of this stuff. I've really slipped and would REALLY appreciate the help. I prefer to not lose root, although if I can redo, that's fine (or hide it?).

As pathetic as it sounds, I was hoping for someone to give me a little walk through....I've been reading but I'm too far behind what it on the boards now.....

THANK YOU ALL.....I'm trying to get back involved and look forward.....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones