• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help urgently...

tarzanguy123

Jul 24, 2012
Hi all, am new on this forum but am following it from by a long time.. My friend gave me a micromax A85 last month and am facing some problems with it ..they are as :- 1) it doesnt show a even single network bar when am in my home area but it work in area outside our town.. I had tried sim of 3-4 service provider , some of them have tower near our home but no use.. Am able to see access points but no signal.. 2) when am outside my home area , and use gprs on it , i can surf internet thru any browser but i cant log into google play directly through menu shortcut and cant even dwnload any apps if log thru web browser and also not able to log into inbuilt net apps like games, facebook, yahoo,etc which use internet.. I have used both stock and igyan 2.3.4 rom but no help.. What you people think is the problem? Rom, baseband or any other.. Please help me bros.. Btw am from J&K India..

Hello tarzanguy can u plz provide all details like where do u stay and where do u work. Which sim did u tried etc. So i can help u better. Coz as per my knowledge lots of prepaid sims stop working in j k due to miletry security reason. And i agree that micromax had low reciption on network and gps coz antinna inside micromax phone is made of papper foil where as in branded phones they use metal ehich gives better perfomance

Upvote 0
I live in gangyal town area.. Network reception is gud here.. I have vodafone, aircel and airtel sim.. I get full tower on my nokia n95 and chinese phone of aircel and airtel, even in my room also.. I have reliance and bsnl tower near 100m from my home.. On stock 2.2 and igyan 2.3.4 rom, smetimes i can see all list of service providers and smetimes only one or two option like reliance and cellone is shown.. I think their tower is near my home, thts why.. But i cant register my phone on network.. Sometime if am using aircel sim, i can see list of vodofone and reliance but no aircel and when i use vodofone then aircel shows and no vodofone.. That is strange..

Upvote 0
may be its ur pcb problem (motherboard) i do have the same problem my nettwork has to be very weak and it get to be crashes now and then i submited my phone to the service center they replaced the pcb because they cant replace only antenna and now its working fine network reception is better and with update of baseband and to gingerbread is even better

Upvote 0
ya plz do as chetan k said but if u wait i am actully working on increasing its range by instaling some extra antinna so would like some extra help from other admin who may got some hardware knowledege coz i saw optomus x2 and it got metal antinna were has in this phone its having just sticker so would like to work on it coz even i want to increase its gps quality but i am confuse which antinna is gps as there are two antinna in this phone one on top and one at base

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones